Skip to content

Solved

ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
My main problem is a common one (one that I have experienced every time in fact, on multiple different installations), where Saemon disappears after I agree to steal the horn. Before I simply CLUAd him back in, but this leads to my second problem; this time I can't open the CLUAconsole. I have done both the Debug=1 and Cheats=1 in the baldur.ini file, but still without being able to open the console. (neither ctrl-space or ctrl-tab works).
Seeing as I don't want to miss the underwater island of the fishies, this is pretty much game-breaking for me.

I've tried earlier saves, waiting/resting after talking to Saemon (he doesn't walk out, he just goes poof) and everything else I have found around the various forums. I have installed the patches, but no other mods are installed.

The only thing that's different this time, compared to all the other times I've done this, is that I'm now using Windows 8. Just editing the ini was a b*tch using that OS, but I did do it, which is why I don't get why it doesn't work now.

Anyone got any ideas? Because I am out of them. Maybe some variables you can change via Shadowkeeper or something?
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Isnt it Debug Mode=1 to activate the cheats?
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Ah, right, that's what I meant. I've done that already.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2012
    I figured out the problem, which only lead to a new one. I had apparently installed BG2 in the /program files, silly me. So now I want to backup my saves and reinstall, but... I can't find my saves. I used to just click Compatibility Files in the folder toolbar, but that thing has disappeared in Windows 8. Help?

Solved. I found out that you can find the saves folder by running %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore. Not to mention the baldur.ini file in this folder is the one you're supposed to change in order to enable the CLUAconsole.
    Microsoft: Making every menial task much trickier with every release of a new OS.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    I'm moving this to Not An Issue.

@Zanian - You may want to post a new thread in the Windows PC section for your Windows 8-related issue.