Skip to content

Advice for a "ladies' gnome"

I want to run a party in which I'm a male gnome and everyone else in the party is female. Sort of a "ladies' gnome." I wanted advice on what things I need to do to do this, like mods or stuff with Shadowkeeper. So here's the situation:

Male gnome kensai
Lawful Good, usually keeping Reputation on the high end
Charisma: 16

Characters:
Imoen
Neera
Jahiera (after some manipulation at the Friendly Arm Inn, I was able to remove Kahlid and keep Jahiera)
Dynaria
Branwen
also rotating in:
Sanfara
Viconia

So basically I need:
No racial restrictions on romance
Concurrent romances
Any mods that have romances for the above characters
Something to keep all members happy despite reputation and/or alignment

I think I saw the NPC project had some this. Any other mods? Stuff using Shadwkeeper?

Looking ahead for BG2, I hope to have Imoen, Neera, Jahiera, Aerie, Viconia, Nalia, and Mazzy.

On a side note: in BG2, at what point did/does Imoen duel into Mage?

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

I want to run a party in which I'm a male gnome and everyone else in the party is female. Sort of a "ladies' gnome."

This is the funniest F-ing thing I've ever read on this forum!

• Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    I thought the concept was funny myself, so that's why I'm trying it.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Ladies Gnome reminds me so much of Arcanum. I approve.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Just be content to romance Neera. In BG2 you'll also get to make with Aerie.

I know, I know, it's just boring old mono-gnome-y. (Unless BG2:EE supports a gnome sandwich. Woof!)

I strongly support a gnome-centric party. I have to give you bonus props for "ladies' gnome" though.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I hope you can pull this off.
    Nukenin said:

Just be content to romance Neera. In BG2 you'll also get to make with Aerie.

I know, I know, it's just boring old mono-gnome-y. (Unless BG2:EE supports a gnome sandwich. Woof!)

I strongly support a gnome-centric party. I have to give you bonus props for "ladies' gnome" though.

Ha! Mono-gnome-y!

Thanks for the comments, guys. But do you know what mods I need? I seem to remember one that allowed concurrent romances and maybe removed racial restrictions. Anyone remember which ones and if they work/will work on the EE editions?
    Well, there's the BG1 NPC Project. This allows your gnome to get it on with the following exhaustive list of NPCs:

* Shar-Teel (you must also be evil, chaotic neutral, or true neutral)

I'm sure that puts a skip to your beat!

Unfortunately, I do not know if BG1NPC is compatible with BG:EE yet. I'm sure it will be eventually.

For BG2, the BG2 Tweaks mod has a romance cheats component that allows romances to ignore race and another romance cheat that allows for concurrent romances. I imagine at some point after BG2:EE releases we might see this updated to accommodate BG2:EE. Heck, it might get updated to accommodate BG:EE, but I don't know if BG2 Tweaks' romance cheats will interact with the romances from BG1 NPC. (The other romanceable females from BG1NPC are Dynaheir and Branwen, but they are gnome-ophobes currently.)

This nets your gnome some quality time with the three BG2 ladies: Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira.

BG2 Tweaks also has components to keep NPCs happy (the Happy Patch) and prevent certain fights between NPCs in your party from ever occurring. These will help keep Viconia manageable despite your goody-two-shoedness.

So, not allowing for third-party new NPC mods, your Lawful Good gnome is looking at:

BG1:EE
    Neera

BG2:EE
    Neera

BG2:EE w/ BG2 Tweaks Romance Cheats
    Neera
    Viconia
    Aerie
    Jaheira

Maybe one day some enterprising BG(2):EE modder will craft deep, meaningful gnome-only romances for all female NPCs in the games, friend, foe, and innocent bystander alike.

I'm sure Quayle and Tiax can't wait!
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    I like the idea of a traveling harem of badasses. And Imoen.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I've done this before but I was playing as Coran who you could easily Shadowkeeper'd into a gnome. He was travelling with Safana, Shar-Teel, Skie, Branwen and Viconia. The benefit of using Coran is that you get all the banters he has with the female cast. He has the ultimate womanising personality.

I was able to play with 6 NPCs because I did the delete CHARNAME trick.
    @Nukenin
    Nukenin said:

Well, there's the BG1 NPC Project. This allows your gnome to get it on with the following exhaustive list of NPCs:

* Shar-Teel (you must also be evil, chaotic neutral, or true neutral)

I'm sure that puts a skip to your beat!

First, thanks for all the info! Unfortunately, Shar-Teel does not interest me. I avoid evil (though I'm interested in Viconia.)
    Nukenin said:

Unfortunately, I do not know if BG1NPC is compatible with BG:EE yet. I'm sure it will be eventually.

I saw they are working on it. Another question, once it's compatible, would I be able to apply to my game in progress or would I have to start over?
    Nukenin said:

For BG2, the BG2 Tweaks mod has a romance cheats component that allows romances to ignore race and another romance cheat that allows for concurrent romances. I imagine at some point after BG2:EE releases we might see this updated to accommodate BG2:EE. Heck, it might get updated to accommodate BG:EE, but I don't know if BG2 Tweaks' romance cheats will interact with the romances from BG1 NPC. (The other romanceable females from BG1NPC are Dynaheir and Branwen, but they are gnome-ophobes currently.)

Dynaheir and Branwen I am interested. Anyway around race restrictions with Shadowkeeper?
    Nukenin said:

This nets your gnome some quality time with the three BG2 ladies: Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira.

BG2 Tweaks also has components to keep NPCs happy (the Happy Patch) and prevent certain fights between NPCs in your party from ever occurring. These will help keep Viconia manageable despite your goody-two-shoedness.

Although, I don't mind the banter of NPC's arguing, I just don't want them to leave. Do we know if BG2 Tweaks works with BG:EE currently out?
    Nukenin said:

So, not allowing for third-party new NPC mods, your Lawful Good gnome is looking at:

BG1:EE
    Neera

BG2:EE
    Neera

BG2 allows Aerie as well. Or are you saying because I start something with Neera in BG:EE, when I import to BG2:EE, Aerie is off the board because I'm involved with Neera?
    Nukenin said:

BG2:EE w/ BG2 Tweaks Romance Cheats
    Neera
    Viconia
    Aerie
    Jaheira

Maybe one day some enterprising BG(2):EE modder will craft deep, meaningful gnome-only romances for all female NPCs in the games, friend, foe, and innocent bystander alike.

I'm sure Quayle and Tiax can't wait!

Ha! Thanks again for your help!

@Mordeus
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd like to use my own created PC.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2012
    You'll need ten potions of fortitude, five memorized charm spells (may substitute algernons cloak) and four dozen roses. Oh, and dont forget to wear a helmet.
    @Jedi_Gnome Yes, Aerie is on the menu for a gnome even without BG2 Tweaks. In my haste to hasten your despair, I overlooked it even though I had begun my response intending that slight reassurance.

I'm running a halfling in part because in BG2 he can frolic with Viconia. Why are we drawn to bad women? Maybe it's the foreknowledge that we can see her alignment change in BG2.

Then again, maybe the Neera romance in BG2:EE will be competitive.

I digress, however. I can't help much with current or projected compatibilities as I'm still determined to keep BG:EE a mod free experience, and for that I apologize. But I am sure the coming months will see developments on that front.
    @Nukenin
    Yeah, if I knew I had plenty of time to go through the game multiple times, I'd probably not bother with mods the first run thru of BG:EE until things became more compatible. But, since time is not my luxury (I'm lucky if I can play at all), I was trying to get the most out of it. But, thanks again for the info.
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    'sup gnome-slice