Skip to content

Kaishas Gan and the comet

axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Okay so I was playing thru Werewolf Island and finally got to the end of it where I fight Kaishas Gan. Except that after the dialog, she cast Comet on herself and died before becoming a werewolf and thus I have no Sea Chart to leave the island.
I can provide my save where the bug can be replicated.
If you summon KAISH2 with the console, she will do her dialog again and cast comet upon herself.
Game version v.1.0.2011
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    If you're using this mod
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-level-40-rule-sethigh-level-abilities/p1
    then that's your problem there. Just uninstall the High Level Abilities from your game using the Installer for that fight (you can leave everything in the Override folder though).
    Once you finish it and the fight with Selaad (just to be safe), you can go ahead and reinstall it.

It seems the High Level Abilities mod changes the scripts needed to make her become a Werewolf into Comet.
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    Thanks @Mirenheart
    Removing the mod files from the override solved the problem. I put them back in after finishing up the quest in Ulgoth's beard as you mentioned.
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    You're welcome :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited December 2012
    I have posted the detail of the problem and the possible solution in the following thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-teambgs-level-40-rule-sethigh-level-abilities/p2
    Post edited by leeho730 on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There is actually a ticket for this in the tracker, it was known to us that these spells collide. But bg1 was not supposed to have the hla's so it has a low priority.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    But this happens in a nonmodded game. Unless I'm missing the point here?
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    It only happens when you have the Level 40 rule set. Read the first two posts.
    It's quite funny that BG2 had exactly same problem, but since Kaisha Gan and Baresh did not appear in that game, it went unnoticed. And BGEE inherited exactly the same problem. Kinda makes me wonder how lazy Overhaul is.... Come on, at least you guys could remove some hardcoded limits!

For those who want to do a quick test, please type the following at the cheat console:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("KAISH2")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BARESH2")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("MENDAS3")

If you had Beta 2 version of Level 40 HLA mod, then Kaisha Gan will cast Comet, and Baresh will cast Summon Dark Planetar instead of morphing to Loup Garou (tested and confirmed).

CoM_Solaufein's latest Beta 3 version (BG_EE_HLAsBeta3.rar) has since fixed the bug.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    leeho730 said:

Kinda makes me wonder how lazy Overhaul is.... Come on, at least you guys could remove some hardcoded limits!

Whoa! Slow down there. This isnt a matter of laziness or hardcoding issues at all, its a matter of the Spell.ids having duplicate spell RES entries in BG2 either (but will be fixed in BGEE). First a decision has to be made on the Spell.ids. There is a ticket for this already.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    It doesn't happen in the unmodded game. The only thing to do here is remove the duplicate symbolic lookups.
    Cuv said:

leeho730 said:

Kinda makes me wonder how lazy Overhaul is.... Come on, at least you guys could remove some hardcoded limits!

Whoa! Slow down there. This isnt a matter of laziness or hardcoding issues at all, its a matter of the Spell.ids having duplicate spell RES entries in BG2 either (but will be fixed in BGEE). First a decision has to be made on the Spell.ids. There is a ticket for this already.

SPELL.IDS looked like copy-and-paste of existing SPELL.IDS from TOB with addition of some of Black Guard powers, which kinda makes sense. Maybe I was a bit harsh in my previous post, but...

I'm kinda disappointed that Overhaul didn't spend time to remove some of the hardcoded limits. Come on, Overhaul, I finally want to get rid of GemRB! It will be glorious to see BGEE/BG2EE users can play the game as Monk/Sorcerer! Imagine how many more old users will jump into BGEE wagon if such things can happen!
    CamDawg said:

It doesn't happen in the unmodded game. The only thing to do here is remove the duplicate symbolic lookups.

New HLA mod (Beta 3) re-routed 2924 2925 to 2938 2966 and that seemed to fix the problem...
    @leeho730 Yeah, its a copy of the ToB Spell.ids with some additions... and it needs to get cleaned up. They are working on externalization of many things. Modders and Devs have been discussing it and how to proceed. This is not an example of something hardcoded... this is soft coded, hence the Spell.ids which can be manipulated.

What @CoM_Solaufein did there is good... but it needs to be official, and there are some other considerations with the Spell.ids going on in there. Can't really say more until it is in the build you have. But rest assured... it IS being worked on and considered. Just one of those conflict bugs that wasnt found earlier as BG1 doesnt have Comet. Like @CamDawg said, its not an issue in an unmodded game... but the potential is there for problems which they want to fix.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It is in the unmodded game. My level40/HLA has never touched this version of my game.

Script file for KAISH2.cre

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ForceSpell(Myself,WIZARD_COMET)
    END

Dialog file KAISH2.dlg

ForceSpell(Myself,WIZARD_COMET)
    Enemy()
    CamDawg said:

Cuv said:

@leeho730 Yeah, its a copy of the ToB Spell.ids with some additions... and it needs to get cleaned up. They are working on externalization of many things. Modders and Devs have been discussing it and how to proceed. This is not an example of something hardcoded... this is soft coded, hence the Spell.ids which can be manipulated.

Of course I know this bug has got nothing to do with hardcoded limit, it was a separate ranting.
    no worries @leeho730 :)
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Like I said, there are dupe symbolic lookups for spwi924 and spwi925. The spells themselves remain the proper transformation spells and work fine, until your mod overwrites the spell file themselves.

It's a cosmetic spell.ids issue.
    Cuv said:

no worries @leeho730 :)

No worries mate, I meant no offence :-)

I do sincerely hope Overhaul one day remove some hardcoded limit so that we can modify 2DAs for races and classes etc.... For example GemRB did remove lots of hardcoded limits such as HP roll for Barbarians, allows other spellcasters to use sorcerer cast system, various class tables, monk fist/AC bonuses, weapon style bonuses, duration of rounds, removes restriction of kits for sorceror/barbarian/monk....