Skip to content

Mod to make Dorn ignore reputation?

I'd like to use this guy in my playthrough so I can see all the new characters, but he just won't stick around. Anyone have a mod to make him ignore high reputation so I don't have to keep setting myself back in SK?

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Use Shadowkeeper to change his alignment, console in the helm of opposite alignment, or kill the Demon Knight in Durlag's Tower when he first appears and loot the helm off of him. Of course, if he isnt good he cant use Rancor anymore, but Spiders Bane and The Worlds Edge are good too.
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    I don't think changing his alignment will work. NPCs are coded to leave at certain reputation limits. It would require some light .2da editing and script editing, I would think. The files required appear to be HAPPY.2da, and whatever Dorn's script file is (Perhaps DORN.bcs). You can locate these files with Near Infinity or DLTCEP and edit them.
    Alignment change definitely works. I got him the helm and he stopped leaving the party every two minutes.
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    Interesting! Overhaul must have done something different with NPCs. I was referencing the code for the Happy party component of the Ease of Use mod, so it could be a bit dated in its standards.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    He should lose his powers as a blackguard if alignment is changed to good. Anyway Helm of Opposite Alignment is an excelent idea to people that want to keep Dorn without cheating the game.
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    hmm OR just install Bg Tweaks V11 one of the options is party members never leave ! :) works like a charm
  • CarpetsmokerCarpetsmoker Member Posts: 9
    Ugh, not this again. Deja-vu.

Here's a happy.2da which seems to solve the problem. I got it from the BG2 tweaks v11, drop it in your override folder (i.e. C:\games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override\) and you should be good.

http://arp242.net/bg/happy.2da
  • LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
    Well, the hacked alignment+helm of opposite alignment worked out :).
    Thanks for the file though, I'll probably end up using that so that I can make use of Dorn's helmet slot for something useful.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Put on him the Helmet of opposite alignment... By force :-)
    Though he cannot use his sword.
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    I think it makes more sense to alter the happy.2da file and just change all the -300 to -160. That way people still complain when rep is counter to alignment, but never outright leave.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    bg2 tweak pack v11 comes with happy script...
    But some people prefer to play without cheating too much, and the Helm of Opposite Alignment provides this option nicely.
  • ExceptorExceptor Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi all ). Thanks for idea with Helmet, i just want to give some advice to this idea )). Put on helm each time before the reputation shall increase, than by Remove Curse spell remove helmet ))). I make travel after this and sleep, all works )
  • Fallen_BaronFallen_Baron Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    I know it's a bit old, but I've found that if you Keeper him to Lawful Evil (still keeping the core EVIL of his character :P) he won't leave even at a rep of 19. I haven't tested getting to 20 yet, but it's a step at least, and you don't have to lose his awesome sword, or really cheat the whole crew of NPCs.

Edit: Just to let everyone know, I just reached 20 Rep, and a Lawful Evil Dorn will be happy as a clam (granted this clam can rip arms off of trolls and beat them to death!) and stay with the party.
    Post edited by Fallen_Baron on