Skip to content

Boots/Ring Item conflict edge case.

SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
edited February 2013 in Fixed
Currently:
Cheetah Boots Makes you walk fast.
Ring of Free Action cancels all things affecting movement, including haste.
If you equip the Boots first, then the Ring, the Ring has no affect on the Boots and I still walk fast.
If you equip the Ring first, then the Boots, you don't get to go fast.
If you have both equipped, with either having gone first, then remove the Ring, you still don't get to go fast even though the Ring's cancelling effect should be gone.
If you've equipped in the right order to still get the speed boost, save, then reload, after having reloaded, you don't get the speed boost.

What it should be:
Who knows, but right now I'm enjoying having Free Action while still being faster than Usain Bolt.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Currently, if you equip the Paws of the Cheetah (double movement), then equip Edventar's Gift (immune to anything that affects mobility), you get the double movement. If you load a savegame where you had that equipped, you have to de-equip and re-equip things to get the double movement bonus. If you equip Edventar's Gift then the Paws of the Cheetah, you get no bonus.

Expected behaviour:
    The bonus, or lack thereof, should not depend on the order you equip things, or if you reload a save. Either you have the bonus, or you don't.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Not only this but it seems to happen with a potion of freedom too.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    I reported this a while ago. Would post the link, but I'm on my phone.
    SirBuliwyf
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Merged and entered into the tracker.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tajfun1tajfun1 Member Posts: 1
    If I wear in my inventory boots POWER OF THE CHEETAH & ring EDENTAR`s GIFT, the speed bonus 100%
    from ring is working, but no for long time how should be. After couple minutes is speedbonus
    dissapear, sign of speedbonus inside wee icone too. If I stop game, take out boots & ring and wear
    both again, it works again, but again just for a few minutes. I think its bug
  • octopopsoctopops Member Posts: 1
    While playing BGEE on OS X, I had BOOTS OF SPEED equipped and accidentally drank POTION OF FREE ACTION. This made my character walk at normal speed. I un-equipped, and then re-equipped the boots, and it made no difference. I waited for the potion effects to expire, and still no difference. Finally, with the potion expired, I un-equipped, then re-equipped the boots, and my character was fast again.