One of the most fun thing to do in BG is to play with no reload.
The point of the thread is for you to describe your attempts (failed or successful)
I'll start with mine (i just list the significative attempts, not the ones in which i died after 5 minutes). All these playthrough were on core rules difficulty (save for leveling, to get max hp)
- Fighter/mage/thief. Solo. Died in baldur's gate (level 5/5/6) from the mages upstairs of the magical shop (forgot their were casting horror...)
- Berserker. Solo. Died at level 6 from an ankheg, ambushing me while resting
- Inquisitor. In group of 4 (imoen, minsc, viconia). Still in progress (in cloakwoods)
- Berserker / mage (dual 7/8). Solo. Sill in progress (in catacombs at candlekeep). I should succeed it with this one (unless i do something dumb), as he is now 7/8 and almost unkillable (berserker kit is awesome)
My next try will be a solo sorcerer.
Some advices for those who want to try it :
- i find solo play easier than group play (as defense is paramount in no reload, and much easier to get on one character than on 6)
- very good knowledge of the game is necessary.
- when playing solo, never roll to save against a deadly effect (paralysis, horror, charm....) -> you need to get immunities (potions, items, abilities,spells) or you will die.
- always have an invisibility potion ready, as a panic button