Skip to content

Numeric Keypad

I'd just like it if the numeric keypad worked in game so I could use it for dialogue responses. Otherwise - I'm having a blast playing this game again. Thanks!

Comments

• PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Whether or not it gets fixed in a future patch or not, AutoHotKey is a great utility to solve your dilemma (one I have been pimping around each time someone brings up remapping the hotkeys and such :p)
  • maplejarmaplejar Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    Sweet - I'm going to try it out. Thanks! I'm left handed and therefore more used to using the numeric keypad to enter numbers, as my left hand stays on the mouse.
    I can't get it to work. I just tried a simple Numlock1::1 and so on re-bind, but it doesn't work. Any help you can give would be appreciated.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    maplejar said:

I can't get it to work. I just tried a simple Numlock1::1 and so on re-bind, but it doesn't work. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

I'm not sure, I'm still learning the ropes like you :) But is the numlock on or off when you are trying this? If it is on, it seems like you need to use:

Numpad0::0
    Numpad1::1
    etc.

I'm not sure if there are some kinds of non-American english keyboards that use different keys though. Try looking at this site, let me know how it goes :)

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
    That was a mistype on my part - I meant to type I am using Numpad1::1 and so on. It doesn't work. If I use the program to look at typed keys while in game, it doesn't seem to be registering the keypad keystrokes at all for some reason. However, when out of the game it does register the keypad working.