Skip to content

[help request] Re-Add dead and dropped NPCs

sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
Is there any program or method of modding in which I can re-add an NPC who has died and been removed from my party so I can raise them from the dead?

Obviously it's impossible to do a raise dead spell on somebody who isn't in your party, making it impossible to add them back, kind of a catch 22.
Anyway, I tried raising the hitpoints of "out of party characters", among other things, in shadowkeeper, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Try using the console commands to spawn a new, alive, version of the dead character, maybe?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    That's possible, but I'd rather just use the characters already in the game (not least wise for experience) plus I figure less duplications means less chance something will get messed up and cause a crash or break potential quests, dialogue, etc.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited December 2012
    You need two more steps to recover a character with Shadow Keeper:
    remove the variable SPRITEISDEAD[Name of character]
    edit the character and remove all states relating to death in the State tab (if I remember the name correctly): since you'll need to select at least one line in the list, pick something like benediction, for instance
    Post edited by Isaya on
    Isaya said:

edit the character and remove all states relating to death in the State tab (if I remember the name correctly): since you'll need to select at least one line in the list, pick something like benediction, for instance

I understand removing the sprite is dead part, but you've lost me on the part I quoted.

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited December 2012
    In Shadow Keeper, select the dead character within your team (or in out of team). Then go to the State Flags tab.
    The State Dead line at least shall be highlighted, possibly others depending on the way the character died. You need to remove that state, as well as other states linked to death (such as frozen death).
    This windows requires that you select at least one line, so peek State Bless instead. That will remove all other flags.
    Note that it will not give the bless bonus (that would require something in affects).
    I believe the character will reappear exactly where he/she was (area and location on the map).
    Awesome! It worked! Thanks for your help @Isaya.