Skip to content

Smaller character sprites for player characters and NPC's using those sprites.

Hi all,

The one thing that has really put me off play BGEE has been that my character was like a clear foot taller than any of the other characters in the game. I noticed that they are using the BG2 or IWD2 style for most main paperdoll characters but many of the other characters in the game are using the original BG1 style sprites. Whilst this is a change I don't really mind it's just like they are 25% bigger than other characters. If you create a gnome he is a tall as a human in towns.

It's kinda weird really as my brain gets confused by the differing scales of characters.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    No, this is strange

Unless your character is human, and all your other partymembers are elves or half elves.
  • HunamHunam Member Posts: 1
    Party members seem to be the same size, it's the ambient NPC's and mobs etc are smaller. Like right at the start of the game I would walk next to patrons in the tavern and my character just looks huge next to them. I'll reinstall the game and fraps some screenies tomorrow.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    they're not using any sprites that were in BG1 and weren't in BG2 afaik
    i agree that most commoners' sprites are meh, but nothing can be done about that anymore really