Skip to content

Marking for already learned mage spells when shopping

I would like to know if my mage has a spell in his/her book when shopping. It is hard to remember them all and checking spell by spell is kinda frustrating. Add green border or something to let people know not to buy a spell when in book.

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    A great idea! It should work in a way the green border or other marking appears if the mage or bard in question is selected while shopping, to distinguish between the different spellbooks.
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    This would also be a great feature to add to the inventory so, at a glance, you can see what spell scrolls you already know and which ones you don't. I run with two mages and it is hard to remember which one know what spell when I have a scroll that is worth learning.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah, there should also be some visual indicator on the scrolls in your inventory to show if you have learned tham already too.
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    ajwz said:

Yeah, there should also be some visual indicator on the scrolls in your inventory to show if you have learned tham already too.

Wasn't that fixed? I thought they were red now if you learned them...unless that was just for if it was for a magic school you couldn't learn.

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Not as far as I am aware.

Well I don't think they should be red if you can learn them but already have done, since you can still cast the scroll directly, so it would be confusing to mark it as unusable
    I agree. I seem to remember something indicating it though after patch 5. There was a discussion a while back where a mod stated it was in the dev tracker. I could just be completely crazy though.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's in the tracker as a feature request. I'll add this part, too.
    Good to know I'm not crazy...well not completely crazy anyway. I lost my marbles a while back, but found some while cleaning under the oven.