Skip to content

Losing Quicksave and Autosave

After playing for a few hours I suddenly lost both my quicksaves and autosaves. I only have my regular save, which is a few hours old by now, therefore lost all progress today. I see the folders of the savegames are in the right folder, but there's no game file in those folders, only portraits. It only just happened while I was in the city of Baldur's Gate, with the game updated to the latest version. I don't see a way to retrieve the old saves, but I would definitely like to see this fixed before it happens again.
The game did not crash or show any errors. I'm not sure if it has to do with location or anything.

Comments

• JaneMadelyneJaneMadelyne Member Posts: 3
    Even worse now: the autosave and quicksave function are now completely broken. Any new autosave or quicksave made will no longer appear in the list, even though the feedback says "Quicksave successful". Please help me out here.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    If you delete your quicksave files and create new ones, perhaps this would be fixed.
  • JaneMadelyneJaneMadelyne Member Posts: 3
    I've tried deleting them but it seems I don't have permission (despite being the pc's admin). I'll try to find a way to delete them anyway. Thanks.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Reboot your machine, then delete the folders as admin.