Skip to content

Multiplayer Group

ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
edited January 2013 in Multiplayer
Post edited by Elendar on

Comments

• H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    I have never played any of the BG games in MP (or any other Infinity Engine game) but I would be interested in playing - I always was. Don't know what type of game you are going for (RP or whatnot) but let it be known, the only DnD experience I have, is with video games - I have never played PnP.

I tend to prefer melee classes and my favorite class is Dwarf cleric.
  • KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    @Elendar When it's going to be stable for 6 players without hamachi i'm all about playing.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Kodrak said:

@Elendar When it's going to be stable for 6 players without hamachi i'm all about playing.

Don't know for sure.. Aosaw said it should be stable in a couple of weeks... but that might be wishful thinking.
  • gunnertyrgunnertyr Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    i have been playing baldurs gate since its release and would love to join your group, do u have a prefered class u need me to be, or do i just pick it? please contact me on facebook gunnertyr
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    ill join up
  • GradyOPGradyOP Member Posts: 12
    Hey, looking to play some BG, Let me know.
    Alright.. Kodrak is the only one who responded so the group might have more room than I initially thought.
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    I'm still here, just waiting until it's possible :P
    I don't mind rolling any character, just let me know what is needed or even if i am needed.
  • zzCoinszzCoins Member Posts: 13
    What time of day do you expect to play
    How many in the group, 5 people is too many for me, prefer 3 maybe 4
    I like being fighter/Thief
    The more we are the more exp we will need to get lvl but for later battle it will be easier and we'll have more tank/dps/heal abilities than with only 3-4 player that will be like.. 1-2 lvl ahead.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Anyone still playing or need player ?
    lordkim said:

Anyone still playing or need player ?

Just waiting on an update to make the game stable enough to play with more than 2 players..
    Aaalllllrighty then ;)

Ill wait and see then;)
  • Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    Elendar said:

Kodrak said:

Don't know for sure.. Aosaw said it should be stable in a couple of weeks... but that might be wishful thinking.
    As far as I could deduct from reading about multiplayer, Aosaw doesn't work for Beamdog so you can't count on that. I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading threads where he specifically said he wasn't a part of the team, so don't think you can count on his words alone.
    Yeah, tried playing with 3 people last Friday, but unfortunately kept freezing and had to restart game multiple times. Was a bit frustrating.. Correct the issues so gaming can commence!
  • CombineCombine Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, we have been 3 people playing multiplayer in LAN.

We have experienced alot of issues (game-crash, usually 2 'joined' players) when zoning, transfering items and using NPC vendors.

We have managed to overcome this duo to very fast load times (good PC equipment), but I would imagine a much larger impact online (more delay between duo to communication etc.).
  • InvasorDePastosInvasorDePastos Member Posts: 25
    Hi, I'd join or start another group with anyone else who'd like to.
    edited January 2013
    Well, with the newest patch, I'm hoping that its stable enough for this group to start playing.

@lukebagdarrel @bul You two never responded to this thread so I'm removing you from the group..

So we have 2 available slots for anyone who is still interesting in joining.

@InvasorDePastos Edited the first post to add you.. What class will you play? (look at OP to see what is already in the group)

• SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    <---Mage, Fighter, Archer or Cleric here. Maybe a Thief.
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    Just let me know when :D
    edited January 2013
    I played through BG once, so im no expert. But i love to try a MP ,

If not a whole group of 6, then less can do it for me. :O)

Blackguard or Ranger....
    @elendar @fateascends @Kodrak @InvasorDePastos @Sarevokok @lordkim

now that we have six players, we should probably decide when to play... I'm thinking Saturday evenings?
    edited January 2013
    Well, it depends from where you're from. I'm from Argentina, I think I have GMT -3:00
    I'm in Midwest USA.... MST
    @elendar @fateascends @Kodrak @InvasorDePastos @Sarevokok @lordkim

I'm in East Canada, GMT - 5:00

I would vote to do a long first play of around 2-3 hours at least, and only if it fits with everyone else time in their respective time zone. Go ahead and post what's your free time during the week/weekend and lets find something that can fit everyone for a game once/week.

ps:I won't post my free time yet as i'm in/out of home at almost everyhour of the day.. (job-hunting)
    edited January 2013
    Im from europe , Denmark, (UTC+01:00)

Saturday is fine for me.
    Is it over skype or Teamspeak..
    And is it Hamachi ?
    I'm in the same situation, Kodrak. If it's saturday I will be available if it's very early or very late.
    @lordkim

6hours difference.. let's wait for other to put their GMT and we'll figure something out =D
    @InvasorDePastos

We'll wait for others to post their GMT once that is done we'll find out which day suits everyone WE might play late at night while lordkim will join us the next morning in the early day :P