Skip to content

How important is the time?

Hi,

I started playing Baldurs Gate now for the first time and I am wondering, how important the whole time-thing is. I noticed, that some NPC's are getting annoying when I am just running around and dont focus on the main-quest. Right now I am in the nashkel mine. And the guy that allowed me to enter the mine said I have only one day. But I really needed to rest some times and now it's more than one day. Is that important?

Once I fell asleep and in that night I dreamed something. Is that random stuff or triggered by some events?

And one more question thats a little bit off topic: Where do the NPC's that arent in my party wait? I played Neverwinter Nights 2 and there was a place where I always could choose the NPCs I needed, but in BG it seems that they always wait where I left them...

Thanks for your answers!!

Comments

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    As for the time on the quest, sometimes it does actually matter. There are two quests in the city of Baldur's Gate I'm specifically thinking of that have a hard limit that can have dire consequences should you go over the limit. Otherwise, its fairly unimportant, as I recall. I went over a day in the Nashkel mines without any penalty.

The dreams come as you progress in the main story, those are normal and give you special abilities. Good times.

The new NPCs with the Enhanced Edition tend to wait in central locations, whilst the original NPCs tend to wait where you leave them, or otherwise disappear. If your reactions are bad with an NPC and you dismiss them, they may simply be unavailable to you later. Good advice: remember where you leave someone you want to come back for.
  • harvman11harvman11 Member Posts: 33
    There's a couple other times I believe that timing is important. There's at least one (and I believe a few) NPCs that will complain if you don't complete their quests in a somewhat timely manner. If they start to complain, it's probably a good idea to listen to them and go do their quest. Other than that and the aforementioned quests in the city, it's pretty much at your leisure.
  • ValdoValdo Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the answers. I stopped the mine-quest. I am still level 1. I suppose that's too early for this quest. I made it to the final fight (with a lot of quicksave and loading) but I can't win that fight so I am running around and trying to get some more experience.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    In my current play-through, I was lvl 4, halfway to 5, when I left Candlekeep. Don't rush this great game now. ^^
  • ValdoValdo Member Posts: 6
    How can you reach lvl 4 in Candlekeep? I did 3-4 quests and talked to gorion.after that I was still lvl 1...
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    Valdo said:

How can you reach lvl 4 in Candlekeep? I did 3-4 quests and talked to gorion.after that I was still lvl 1...

Mostly through killing innocent people that happen to be worth a lot of XP. Either through being a character that can genuinely kill them, or through using cheesy tactics.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.