Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[typos] Inventory screen - longbows and shortbows

typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
edited November 2013 in Fixed

@Jalily

Shortbow and longbow names aren't consistent on the THAC0 part of the inventory screen.

If a longbow is equipped...
Longbow: -1

If a shortbow is equipped...
Arrow to Hit: -2

I only tested this inconsistency after I noticed "Arrow to Hit". Just what is "arrow to hit"? o_o
It doesn't matter if Imoen or Khalid is holding the shortbow: it's the same "arrow to hit" deal.
I did not test other types of arrows. That may make a difference. n.n

Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Did some more testing... If a longbow and normal arrows are equipped, I get

Longbow: -1 (longbows give +1 THAC0)
    Longbow: 2 (my character isn't proficient)

If +1 arrows are equipped, nothing is added to the breakdown, but the total correctly goes down by 1.

If a shortbow and normal arrows equipped, I get

Arrow To Hit: 1 (???)
    Shortbow: 2 (my character isn't proficient with this either)

If +1 arrows are equipped, the "Arrow To Hit" penalty goes away. But in both cases with the shortbow, the breakdown total comes out to 1 more than the total displayed. The "Arrow To Hit" thing shouldn't be there.

This is a GUI problem, not a string problem, so I can only report it, not fix it myself. :) *goes off to do so*

typo_tilly
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    edited December 2012

Here's one with
    Longbow: -1 //from longbow weapon
    Longbow: -1 //from 2 skill points

Maybe they'll decide to rename one of them or combine them into one -2 total.

Anyways, I'm sure they'll be on this after taking a good break. :3 All the minor stuff from me for now anyway. XD

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I suggested that the second one be renamed "Proficiency" or something similar.

typo_tilly