Skip to content

ipad multiplayer help - can't find the other person

grintrichagrintricha Member Posts: 6
Hi, ok so how do i find the ip address of my chum who is also runnin g an ipad game?

I've checked my router and have no ports blocked so am assuming that the 47630 is open?

I know his public ip address and have tried that but it does not find him

Any help for a technical noob grateful;ly recieved.

thanks
Richard

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    Ipconfig command in the command prompt or visit www.ipchicken.com.

Cant tell you if the port is blocked by your router. It doesn't necessarily mean it is open. It depends upon if your router is picky. Add the port anyway.

You or your buddy are running a firewall. It would explain why you can not find him
  • grintrichagrintricha Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I am a bit beyond my technical knowledge here, the IP address for my pc is same as laptop righ
    Oops, IP address of laptop same as ipad right? I am running a firewall on laptop, will that affect the ipad? On my router it has a setting for blocking ports but not for opening up ports, if I block the port but disable the block would that work?

But thanks for your help, do people who connect via ipad just literally put in the IP address and the game finds the other one?
    You connect the same way as you would on PC by IP. The game does not find another one.

I do not know if the IP address of the laptop is the same as Ipad. Are you both using Ipad or is one Ipad and one laptop?

The firewall probably would affect unless you can add the port in it.

You may need to surf around in your router. Their should be an option to add a port if necessary.

Hi, both users are using ipads

do you use an ipad to play multiplayer BG:EE? does anybody?

I have been all round my router and cannot find an add a port option.

I get the feeling this is one of those software provider myths and in fact the only way to connect ipads together to play this game is with string and cups.

Richard
    No I do not use an Ipad.

Turn off or disable your firewall to see if you can connect to each other. I am sure that is blocking you or him.

Try to connect to your friend or have him connect to you by IP.

If you still cannot connect. Then your friend has a firewall / router too.