Skip to content

Custom Kit Not Viewable on Character Creation.... what gives?

DhairnDhairn Member Posts: 2
So, I used to do some modding of BG2 back in the day, but apparently I've forgotten something because I can't get my custom theif kit to display on the character creation screen.
I've modified and placed the following files in my override folder:
ABCLASRQ.2DA
ABCLSMOD.2DA
ABDCDSRQ.2DA
ABDCSCRQ.2DA
ALIGNMENT.2DA
Custom CLAB file .. CLABTH05.2DA
clasiskl.2DA
CLASWEAP.2DA
DUALCLAS.2DA
KITLIST.2DA
theifscl.2DA
THIEFSKL.2DA
WEAPPROF.2DA
Dialog.tlk

However, nothing I'm doing is working...not even a blank button for the class. This is very annoying and I'm feeling a little stupid. If someone has any ideas as to what I might be missing, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Dhairn

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Check this tutorial http://www.teambg.org/tutorials/indexa908a908.html?page=opentut&tutID=5 and see if you are missing some files that should be edited. I know there are a lot of them just to make a kit.
  • DhairnDhairn Member Posts: 2
    crap how silly... I forgot about the k_t_x files...
    Victory is mine! ... now to get the game to not crash when selecting abilities! :P

Thanks for your help CoM_Solaufein!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No problem.

The game crashing might be because your innate spells, your abilities, don't exist or are missing something.
  • DhairnDhairn Member Posts: 2
    It actually appears that the game didn't care for me modifying one of:
    Clasiskl.2DA
    thiefscl.2DA
    or THEIFSKL.2DA

More testing is required, but it's a start... I'll get it figured.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    @dhairn the first thing i noticed is that the file should be THIEFSKL.2da not THEIFSKL.2da (the i and the e are the wrong way around), if you deleted the original and replaced it with the misspelt one the game will most likely crash when it tries to find it

Or alternatively you may have just mistyped it on the forums lol