Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Headbomb's big list of weapons and items issues [Part 2]

HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Same as Part 1 (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13235/headbombs-big-list-of-weapons-and-items-issues-part-1), but more focused of weapon properties.


----------------------------
Arrow of Slaying (AROW03)
* This arrow has a +15 THAC0 bonus that is not mentioned in the description
As a side note, and I'm not saying this is a bug, but I certainly was not expecting this arrow to be magically guided to hit anything with near-guarantee. I could perhaps understand a +15 bonus against ogre mages, but as it stands, it's getting that bonus regardless of target type.

Arrow of Detonation (AROW06)
* This arrow has a +32767 THAC0 bonus that is not mentioned in the description.
I take it this is normal and to ensure that the arrow explodes, but IMO you should still be able to miss the target, and only inflict the 6d6 'sploding damage.

Arrow of Fire (AROW08)
* This arrow currently deals 1d6+2, + 1d6 fire damage (Save vs. Spell for none)
* Description reads "1d6, +1d6 fire damage (Save vs. Spell for none)"
The item does seem to have the intended behaviour, but the description and name are off. IMO, the solution would be to rename these Arrow of Fire +2, and update the description to read "1d6+2, +1d6 fire damage"

Arrow of Ice (AROW16)
* This arrow currently deals 1d6, +2d6 ice damage (Save vs. Spell for half)
* Description reads "1d6, +1d6 cold damage"
If this is the intended behaviour, the description should be updated. If not, then the item behaviour should be updated.

Battle Axe +1 (AX1H02)
* Description does not mention the THAC0 +1 bonus

Throwing Axe (AX1H04)
* Description does not mention it could be used in melee with 1d6+1 (slashing) (compare with Throwing Axe +2 [AX1H05/AX1H06])

Throwing Axe (AX1H16)
* Description and behaviour do not match, but probably because this is not intended to be found by the player.
Discrepancy is rather too large to document here, but this is a heavily enchanted throwing axe.

Battle Axe (AX1H17)
* This is a Battle Axe +3, but is described and named as a regular battle axe.

Beruel's Retort +1 (AX1H18)
* The melee option is not mentioned in the description.
* The ranged behaviour does not get the +1 THAC0 bonus.
* The ranged behaviour should get 1d6+2 damage not 1d6+1 damage.

Golden Axe +1 (AX1H19)
* The axe seems has a 10% chance to cure feeblemind, which is both odd (why would someone enchant an axe to cure drows of feeblemindedness?) and not mentioned in the description.

Flail (BLUN02 and BLUN08)
* Seems to be casting a spell (BLUN02.SPL) for no particular reason.
The Flail +1 (BLUN03) and Flail +2 (BLUN13) don't cast anything so I really don't know what this is supposed to do.

Flail +2 (BLUN13)
* Damage is described as 1d6+2, but should be described as 1d6+3.

Composite Longbow +2 (BOW16)
* Behaviour and description are both given as "THACO+3, Damage +1" but it should be "THAC0 +3, Damage +4" since regular composite longbows have THAC0 +1, Damage +2.

Longbow +2 (BOW17)
* Description should be updated to read "Speed Factor: 5" instead of "Speed Factor: 6"
* Behaviour and description are THAC0 +2, Damage +0. Should instead be THAC0+3, Damage +2, since regular longbows have THAC0 +1, Damage +0.

Shortbow +2 (BOw18)
* Description should be updated to read "Speed Factor: 4" instead of "Speed Factor: 5"
* Behaviour and description are THAC0 +2, Damage +0. Should instead be THAC0+2, Damage +2, since regular shortbows have THAC0 +0, Damage +0.

Sunstone Bullet +1 (BULL04)
* Says it's dealing 1d4+2, +2 fire damage, but the enchantment are kinda weird (0d6 no save damage, + slaying enchantment). Not really sure what is going on with this one.

The Shadow's Blade +3 (CHALCY1)
* Deals poison damage which is not mentioned in the description.

The Shadow's Blade +3 (CHALCY2)
* Behaves as a shortsword + 5, with several enchantments not mentioned in the description.

Shortbow +2 (compb18)
* Behaviour and description should be updated to THAC0 +2 Damage +2. Probably an NPC weapon, but it should still have the correct behaviour.

Werebane +1 (DAGG09)
* Behaviour and description should most likely be updated to Speed Factor: 1 to be inline with Dagger +1.

Asp's Nest (DART05)
* Consider renaming Asp's Nest +1

Dart of Fire (DART09)
* Consider renaming Dart of Fire +1

Dart of Ice (DART10)
* Consider renaming Dart of Ice +1

Dart of Acid (DART11)
* Consider renaming Dart of Acid +1

ENSW2H
* Naming convention makes it look like this is supposed to be a two handed sword, but behaves as a Battle Axe +3.
Note that if it's just the ABCDEF.ITM naming convention that's off, this isn't really a bug.

The Chesley Crusher +2 (HALB13)
* Consider raising the strength requirement (currently 13), given that it has more than double the weight of a regular Halberd (which requires Strength 13), and that the description mentions that this halberd is only given to the strongest of warriors on account of this extra weight.

The Knee-capper +1 (HAMM04)
* Speed factor should probably be 3 and not 2, given that normal warhammers have a speed factor of 4.

Backbiter +3 (SPEAR03)
* Behaviour and description should be updated to "Speed factor: 3" given that this is a +3 spear and that regular spears have a speed factor of 6.

Staff Mace +2 (STAF06)
* If this is supposed to be a mace, then it should have TACH0 +2, Damage 1d6+3, Speed factor 5.

Staff Spear +2 (STAF07)
* If this is supposed to be a spear, then it should have THAC0 +2, Damage 1d6+2, Speed Factor 4.

Quarterstaff +2 (STAF18)
* Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

Neera's Staff +1 (STAFN1)
* Description should list the Speed factor as being 3. The behaviour is OK.

Moonblade +3 (SW1H13)
* Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

Shortsword +1 (SW1H14)
* Behaviour should be 1d6+1, not 1d6+2. Description is OK.

Sword of Balduran (SW1H18)
* Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 8, per other bastard swords.

The vampire's Revenge +1 (SW1H19)
* Description should mention this is a cursed item, and that you need a remove curse spell to unequip.

The Burning Earth +1 (SW1H24)
* Since this is a longsword +1, the Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 4, per usual longsword behaviour.

Albruin +1 (SW1H34)
* Since this is a bastard sword +1, the damage should probably be 2d4+1, per usual bastard sword behaviour.

Katana +2 (SW1H55)
* Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

Two-Handed Sword, cursed Berserking +3 (SW2H03)
* Behaviour and description should be updated to "Speed factor: 7" given that this is a +3 Two-handed Sword and that regular Two-handed Sword have a speed factor of 10.

Two-Handed Sword (SW2H05)
* Speed factor should be adjusted to 10, per other Two-Handed Sword swords.

Gold-Digger +1 (SW2H22)
* Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 9, since regular Two-Handed Swords have a speed factor of 10.

Two-Handed Sword, cursed Berserking +3 (SW2H99)
* Description should be updated to "Speed factor: 7". Behaviour is OK.

Sensate Amulet (WA2AMU)
* Lore 0

Heavy Crossbow (XBOW01)
* The description lists "Damage: +2 (missile)", other crossbows don't have the "(missile)" part, so this should be made consistent.

The Guide +2 (XBOW03)
* Speed should probably be adjusted to 8, given that regular heavy crossbows have a speed of 10.

Post edited by Jalily on
hook71porkchopsDeltaslayerAnton

Comments

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Placeholder for updates if needed.

  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,420
    At work, but I'll try and take a look tonight. From memory though...

    I do know that arrows are, generally, a giant f%&(ing mess.

    Regular metal weapons cast spells of their own name on 1% of hits so that they break.

    The CHALCYx weapons are from the Chosen of Cyric challenge in the ToB Pocket Plane and are likely unused.

    Sensate Amulet is one of the bonus merchant items in BG2 and may be unused or store-only.

    Without being able to look at Golden Axe, I'll go ahead and guess that it dispels magic on 10% of hits, in which case the feeblemind cure is perfectly normal. (The dispel opcode doesn't clear feeblemind, so it has to be explicitly included for any dispel magic abilities.)

    The ENxxxx weapons are all from the enchanted weapon spell and need names; I believe we already have something open on the tracker for them since I submitted this way back when from BG2FP. ENSW2H probably was a 2-handed sword at some point until the devs realized that magically creating a 2H sword with a shield or offhand weapon causes a crash.

    hook71
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    @CamDawg "Regular metal weapons cast spells of their own name on 1% of hits so that they break."

    Ah, then if this is the case... the following weapons do not cast it
    *AX1H04 (should cast it in melee mode)
    *AX1H17
    *BLUN06
    *DAGG08
    *SPER04 (should cast it in melee mode)
    *SW2H05

    Leaving the Katana, Wakizashi and Ninjato from the list, as these would be imported and not native to the region.

  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Actually, the Moonblade+3 is a dagger (with different appearance and damage) so the speed factor should probably refer to them.

  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    Headbomb said:

    Leaving the Katana, Wakizashi and Ninjato from the list, as these would be imported and not native to the region.

    I may be misremembering this, but… Speaking with peasants and gathering rumours suggest that tools and weapons that even come in contact with the contaminated iron ones become brittle themselves. So, unfortunately, I think this should also include the imported exotic weaponry.

  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,420
    Alright, here's where I am so far:
    Headbomb said:


    Arrow of Slaying (AROW03)
    * This arrow has a +15 THAC0 bonus that is not mentioned in the description
    As a side note, and I'm not saying this is a bug, but I certainly was not expecting this arrow to be magically guided to hit anything with near-guarantee. I could perhaps understand a +15 bonus against ogre mages, but as it stands, it's getting that bonus regardless of target type.

    I wasn't sure if bonuses vs. type for ammo worked, but they do, so this change has been submitted. It's a plain arrow vs. everyone, and +15 vs. ogre mages. I would not add this to the description, though.

    Have I mentioned that arrows are a goddamn mess yet?
    Headbomb said:

    Arrow of Detonation (AROW06)
    * This arrow has a +32767 THAC0 bonus that is not mentioned in the description.
    I take it this is normal and to ensure that the arrow explodes, but IMO you should still be able to miss the target, and only inflict the 6d6 'sploding damage.

    I remember going round and round with these in BG2FP, trying to find a sensible way to get them to work. Unfortunately, bows require targets (there's no way to target empty space), targets require to-hit rolls, and effects on arrows only occur on hits. The irrational to-hit bonus doesn't make sense, but it's still more sensible than the arrow not going off at all. Entertainingly, I think they still fail on critical misses.

    Have I mentioned that arrows are a giant, goddamn mess yet?
    Headbomb said:

    Arrow of Ice (AROW09)
    * This arrow currently deals 1d6, +2d6 ice damage (Save vs. Spell for half)
    * Description reads "1d6, +1d6 cold damage"
    If this is the intended behaviour, the description should be updated. If not, then the item behaviour should be updated.

    Maybe it's already been tweaked in my internal version, but these do 1d6 missile + 1d6 cold (no save) in my game. No changes here.

    Have I mentioned that arrows are a giant, f&*%ing, goddamn mess yet?
    Headbomb said:

    Throwing Axe (AX1H16)
    * Description and behaviour do not match, but probably because this is not intended to be found by the player.
    Discrepancy is rather too large to document here, but this is a heavily enchanted throwing axe.

    Battle Axe (AX1H17)
    * This is a Battle Axe +3, but is described and named as a regular battle axe.

    This is a leftover copies of ToB axes (K'logarth +4 and generic +3) and are unused.
    Headbomb said:

    Golden Axe +1 (AX1H19)
    * The axe seems has a 10% chance to cure feeblemind, which is both odd (why would someone enchant an axe to cure drows of feeblemindedness?) and not mentioned in the description.

    Feebelmind is part of dispel magic, but this had larger issues--it had a dispel on hit, but also cast the spell dispel magic, making it an area effect dispel instead of just the target.
    Headbomb said:

    Flail (BLUN02 and BLUN08)
    * Seems to be casting a spell (BLUN02.SPL) for no particular reason.
    The Flail +1 (BLUN03) and Flail +2 (BLUN13) don't cast anything so I really don't know what this is supposed to do.

    Headbomb said:

    @CamDawg "Regular metal weapons cast spells of their own name on 1% of hits so that they break."

    Ah, then if this is the case... the following weapons do not cast it
    *AX1H04 (should cast it in melee mode)
    *AX1H17
    *BLUN06
    *DAGG08
    *SPER04 (should cast it in melee mode)
    *SW2H05

    Leaving the Katana, Wakizashi and Ninjato from the list, as these would be imported and not native to the region.

    ax1h17, dagg08, and sper04 are unused. sw2h05 is actually Sarevok's jacked-up sword. blun06 now has breakage. ax1h04 is problematic--there's no way to 'break' an individual axe, so it would take the whole stack.

    And everything below is for @Jalily. ax1h18 was missing its thac0 bonus for ranged attacks, which is submitted.
    Headbomb said:

    Arrow of Fire (AROW08)
    * This arrow currently deals 1d6+2, + 1d6 fire damage (Save vs. Spell for none)
    * Description reads "1d6, +1d6 fire damage (Save vs. Spell for none)"
    The item does seem to have the intended behaviour, but the description and name are off. IMO, the solution would be to rename these Arrow of Fire +2, and update the description to read "1d6+2, +1d6 fire damage"

    Battle Axe +1 (AX1H02)
    * Description does not mention the THAC0 +1 bonus

    Throwing Axe (AX1H04)
    * Description does not mention it could be used in melee with 1d6+1 (slashing) (compare with Throwing Axe +2 [AX1H05/AX1H06])

    Beruel's Retort +1 (AX1H18)
    * The melee option is not mentioned in the description.
    * The ranged behaviour does not get the +1 THAC0 bonus.

    Flail +2 (BLUN13)
    * Damage is described as 1d6+2, but should be described as 1d6+3.

    hook71Jalily
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    @CamDawg, I'm not sure if you noticed, but the arrows seem to have been a giant $@#@lolbutts#$@ mess. On the plus side, the giant mess will mostly be annihilated with the update, and there will only be a regular-sized mess after!
    CamDawg said:


    "I wasn't sure if bonuses vs. type for ammo worked, but they do, so this change has been submitted. It's a plain arrow vs. everyone, and +15 vs. ogre mages. I would not add this to the description, though."

    I agree that the +15 vs. Ogre Mages doesn't need to be mentioned in the description.

    And concerning ax1h04, what if instead of the usual "breakage" spell, it reduces the stack size by one and dumps a broken weapon in your inventory via some kind of script? Not that this is super important, given that regular throwing axes aren't usually used as melee weapons anyway.

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    CamDawg said:



    Headbomb said:

    Arrow of Ice (AROW09)
    * This arrow currently deals 1d6, +2d6 ice damage (Save vs. Spell for half)
    * Description reads "1d6, +1d6 cold damage"
    If this is the intended behaviour, the description should be updated. If not, then the item behaviour should be updated.

    Maybe it's already been tweaked in my internal version, but these do 1d6 missile + 1d6 cold (no save) in my game. No changes here.

    Have I mentioned that arrows are a giant, f&*%ing, goddamn mess yet?
    My bad, I meant AROW16, not AROW09. Doesn't look like the player can find it, but if it's meant as an undroppable version of the ice arrow (i.e. so enenies can shoot them without dropping them), then it's behaviour is not inline with the regular ice arrow. Which may or may not be intended behaviour.

  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @CamDawg

    Arrows of Fire are +2 (according to bonuses though not enchantment yet) while Arrows of Ice are not. Is that intentional?

    AX1H18's ranged attack also has the wrong damage bonus; it should be +2.

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Updated the list accordingly for AX1H18. Part 3 and 4 are up BTW.

  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,420
    Headbomb said:

    My bad, I meant AROW16, not AROW09. Doesn't look like the player can find it, but if it's meant as an undroppable version of the ice arrow (i.e. so enenies can shoot them without dropping them), then it's behaviour is not inline with the regular ice arrow. Which may or may not be intended behaviour.

    Yeah, if it's not obtainable by players, a good rule of thumb is not to dick around with it since we really have no way of knowing what was intended. If they wanted these identical to the player arrows, they could have used them directly and flagged them as undroppable in the creature files.
    Jalily said:

    Arrows of Fire are +2 (according to bonuses though not enchantment yet) while Arrows of Ice are not. Is that intentional?

    You'd think they'd be natural counterparts to one another, except that would make sense. One gets +2 to hit and damage, while the other doesn't offer a save against its elemental damage. And they both cost more than +2 arrows but have lower lore scores.

    Arrows are a goddamn mess.

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Not to mention Acid Arrows which have totally different behaviour as well, and the lack of lightning arrows.

  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,420
    Jalily said:

    AX1H18's ranged attack also has the wrong damage bonus; it should be +2.

    Fixed.
    Headbomb said:

    Composite Longbow +2 (BOW16)
    * Behaviour and description are both given as "THACO+3, Damage +1" but it should be "THAC0 +3, Damage +4" since regular composite longbows have THAC0 +1, Damage +2.

    Fixed.
    Headbomb said:

    Sunstone Bullet +1 (BULL04)
    * Says it's dealing 1d4+2, +2 fire damage, but the enchantment are kinda weird (0d6 no save damage, + slaying enchantment). Not really sure what is going on with this one.

    This one may be fixed already, as it's fine in my internal build.
    Headbomb said:

    The Shadow's Blade +3 (CHALCY1)
    * Deals poison damage which is not mentioned in the description.

    The Shadow's Blade +3 (CHALCY2)
    * Behaves as a shortsword + 5, with several enchantments not mentioned in the description.

    Shortbow +2 (compb18)
    * Behaviour and description should be updated to THAC0 +2 Damage +2. Probably an NPC weapon, but it should still have the correct behaviour.

    Two-Handed Sword, cursed Berserking +3 (SW2H99)
    * Description should be updated to "Speed factor: 7". Behaviour is OK.

    Unused.
    Headbomb said:

    The Chesley Crusher +2 (HALB13)
    * Consider raising the strength requirement (currently 13), given that it has more than double the weight of a regular Halberd (which requires Strength 13), and that the description mentions that this halberd is only given to the strongest of warriors on account of this extra weight.

    I think they mean the 1 ApR to reflect its unwieldiness. Since this is one of the new weapons, I'll poke @KeithS to see if he wants to weigh in. Otherwise I'm going to leave this alone.
    Headbomb said:

    The Knee-capper +1 (HAMM04)
    * Speed factor should probably be 3 and not 2, given that normal warhammers have a speed factor of 4.

    Sword of Balduran (SW1H18)
    * Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 8, per other bastard swords.
    The Burning Earth +1 (SW1H24)
    * Since this is a longsword +1, the Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 4, per usual longsword behaviour.

    The Guide +2 (XBOW03)
    * Speed should probably be adjusted to 8, given that regular heavy crossbows have a speed of 10.

    I've lumped these four together. In all cases the weapon is slightly more than its +x enchantment would indicate, so the extra +1 speed bump may be intentional. The descripts also match the items, which usually make me want to leave stuff alone without a clear indication for change.
    Headbomb said:


    Staff Mace +2 (STAF06)
    * If this is supposed to be a mace, then it should have TACH0 +2, Damage 1d6+3, Speed factor 5.

    Staff Spear +2 (STAF07)
    * If this is supposed to be a spear, then it should have THAC0 +2, Damage 1d6+2, Speed Factor 4.

    These both appear to be based on... nothing, really. Since their descripts match their behavior I'll leave them alone.
    Headbomb said:


    Shortsword +1 (SW1H14)
    * Behaviour should be 1d6+1, not 1d6+2. Description is OK.

    Was also receiving a +2 to-hit, too.
    Headbomb said:

    Albruin +1 (SW1H34)
    * Since this is a bastard sword +1, the damage should probably be 2d4+1, per usual bastard sword behaviour.

    Descript matches here as well, so no change.
    Headbomb said:

    Two-Handed Sword (SW2H05)
    * Speed factor should be adjusted to 10, per other Two-Handed Sword swords.

    This is actually Sarevok's weapon--it's got all sorts of goodies attached and is probably best described as a +5 weapon.
    Headbomb said:

    Sensate Amulet (WA2AMU)
    * Lore 0

    Only found in a store, so lore's irrelevant.
    Headbomb said:

    Longbow +2 (BOW17)
    * Description should be updated to read "Speed Factor: 5" instead of "Speed Factor: 6"
    * Behaviour and description are THAC0 +2, Damage +0. Should instead be THAC0+3, Damage +2, since regular longbows have THAC0 +1, Damage +0.

    Shortbow +2 (BOw18)
    * Description should be updated to read "Speed Factor: 4" instead of "Speed Factor: 5"
    * Behaviour and description are THAC0 +2, Damage +0. Should instead be THAC0+2, Damage +2, since regular shortbows have THAC0 +0, Damage +0.

    Werebane +1 (DAGG09)
    * Behaviour and description should most likely be updated to Speed Factor: 1 to be inline with Dagger +1.

    Asp's Nest (DART05)
    * Consider renaming Asp's Nest +1

    Dart of Fire (DART09)
    * Consider renaming Dart of Fire +1

    Dart of Ice (DART10)
    * Consider renaming Dart of Ice +1

    Dart of Acid (DART11)
    * Consider renaming Dart of Acid +1

    Quarterstaff +2 (STAF18)
    * Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

    Neera's Staff +1 (STAFN1)
    * Description should list the Speed factor as being 3. The behaviour is OK.

    Moonblade +3 (SW1H13)
    * Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

    The vampire's Revenge +1 (SW1H19)
    * Description should mention this is a cursed item, and that you need a remove curse spell to unequip.

    Katana +2 (SW1H55)
    * Description should list the Speed factor as being 2. The behaviour is OK.

    Everything in this block is fixed, but also needs string reviews from @Jalily.
    Headbomb said:

    Backbiter +3 (SPEAR03)
    * Behaviour and description should be updated to "Speed factor: 3" given that this is a +3 spear and that regular spears have a speed factor of 6.

    Two-Handed Sword, cursed Berserking +3 (SW2H03)
    * Behaviour and description should be updated to "Speed factor: 7" given that this is a +3 Two-handed Sword and that regular Two-handed Sword have a speed factor of 10.

    Gold-Digger +1 (SW2H22)
    * Speed factor should probably be adjusted to 9, since regular Two-Handed Swords have a speed factor of 10.

    I've updated the speed factor so the descripts need updating as well.

    And as much as I hate the convention of Unique Name +x, Kiel's Morning Star should be Kiel's Morning Star +3 if we want to be consistent.
    Headbomb said:

    Heavy Crossbow (XBOW01)
    * The description lists "Damage: +2 (missile)", other crossbows don't have the "(missile)" part, so this should be made consistent.

    Yep.

    And this also brings me to a broader gripe about ammunition descripts: most of them decribe their damage as missile/something, except that dual-type damage doesn't exist in BG/BGEE. They're just missile damage, i.e. bullet description says 1d4+1 (missile/piercing), but it should simply be 1d4+1 (missile). Armor/items that affect piercing damage won't do anything against bullets, but missile resistant stuff will.

    Some ammo has additional, special damage on top (i.e. arrows of fire add 1d6 fire) but the base damage remains missile.

    hook71
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Updated descriptions. All missile damage should appear as "missile" now.

    Btw, if you have any more gripes, now's the time!! @CamDawg :)

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    @Jalily Consider updating the description of BELT04 to explicitely mention the +3 vs Missile, assuming that's the behaviour (this was discussed the Part 4 somewhat).

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2012
    Also I have to say it's pretty impressive the speed at which you manage to address these issues. Only part 3 remains unaddressed (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13368/headbombs-big-list-of-weapons-and-items-issues-part-3), and the lists each have ~40-60 issues each.

    That next patch will have one hell of a changelog if it details everything you did. Unless it ends up being "Several items properties and descriptions were updated to reflect actual and intended behaviour", which won't do justice to your work :p.

  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,420
    Nah, this is old hat for me at this point. I wrote a macro library for IWD Fixpack that makes most of these one or two lines of patching. (Golden Axe's dispel took nine lines, but it was also missing 30-something effects.)

    I was saving part 3 just because that's going to be the most time-intensive. Whenever the description and properties don't match, you have to go to less definitive sources and rely on judgment a bit more. The fixes themselves are pretty easy, it's the research behind them that takes time.

    I'm hoping to turn you loose on a Fixpacked BG2 install at some point to see what we've missed. :)

  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Yeah I kinda dropped the ball with part 3, I would have made the research myself, but I wanted to go home for Christmas. I'd do it now, except I'm on my linux laptop, and I have neither BGEE, or NI on this machine. So this means no extra reports from me for the next week :p.

    Wouldn't mind taking a look at BG2 + fixpack, but I don't have BG2 and I'm not sure I want to buy it with BG2EE in the pipeline :p. I probably could find a friend that owns it though, so it's definitely a possibility. Nothing that could happen before the new year though.

Sign In or Register to comment.