Skip to content

Selecting Characters (Especially in Combat)

Longtime BG'er, but having some difficulty with a change in EE.

I haven't seen this pop up anywhere else as an issue, so I'm going to chalk it up to me being nuts (which is entirely possible) but I am having a lot of difficulty selecting NPC's during combat. I'm not talking about targeting enemies, but actually selecting my own people. When I click on someone, it unhighlights them from the rest of the group, as opposed to bringing up their skill bar on the bottom of the screen. I am having to unhighlight, and then click the button which selects the whole party. It's rather hard to explain, but it just seems like I am doing something wrong or this process has become a lot more tedious than I remember it being.

For instance, I can go to grab my whole party, but sometimes only a handful of them will be highlighted because of something I had done before.

Can this "feature" be turned off?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
~Pally

Comments

• AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2012
    Are you sure your ctrl or shift buttons aren't simply stuck? The behaviour you're describing sounds like the functionality those keys provide(particularly ctrl-click, since it can both select and deselect).

Edit: And by stuck, I don't mean physically stuck, but very often games when alt-tabbing or otherwise using the ctrl/shift/alt keys for something they can get stuck in a pressed down state as far as the game or operating system is concerned, try mashing them a few times and see if that helps.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a try and report back.