Skip to content

Multiplayer session end

SpotSpot Member Posts: 12
edited December 2012 in Multiplayer
Hi there!

I've been having a problem with BGEE. When hosting a game and my friend joins, he stays connected for a couple minutes before he gets the message 'Session ended', which then results in him leaving the session. We've had this problem with Hamachi and with a direct ip connection (port forwarded). Any idea what can be the cause of this problem? He can join afterwards again, but the problem still exists so it disconnects for him after a couple minutes.

Edit: This is of course in a 2 player game.

Comments

• godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14
    It's been doing the same in a 4-player game.

This is really frustrating, I thought they had fixed the multiplayer issues in the last patch.. it would seem not. Game crashes on map changes, players randomly get the "session ended".. it's still very much unplayable.

Just getting somewhere that generally take 5 minutes takes an entire hour simply because of disconnects and bugs.. and we ALL have the latest patch.

2-player multiplayer should not be that bad though, I've played it with my brother with no issues at all. So maybe see if the other person is connected wireless or not... it kinda sucks, I know =\
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    @spot Latest drivers? Like Godspeed7 said...you or your friend are on a wireless network?

Post your system specs.

Does your friend still have his crash logs. Tell him to email those logs to beamdmp@gmail.com.

Quote "By default, .dmp files will be found in:

My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash

And .trace files can be in the following locations, depending on your setup:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog
    C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Logs
    C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local\BeamDog\BGEE\Logs"
  • SpotSpot Member Posts: 12

Yeah, we're both on a wireless network. I'll tell him to save the crash logs next time we try.

These are my system specs, my friend's are comparable.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E7707MLN.10E, 1-4-2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5,98 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3,39 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 12,0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 8,68 GB
    Page File Space 5,98 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

As for the drivers, which do you want? I'm not really sure what you're asking from me here :P

Thank you anyway for your time.

edited December 2012
    In other words, the latest up_to_date drivers from the manufacturers website. (Graphics, Sound, Ethernet).

The crash logs are already saved on the computer. When the game crashes, it creates logs automatically. So they are already in that directory that I listed above in my earlier message on your friends computer. All he has to do is email to the address above.
  • SpotSpot Member Posts: 12
    But is it an actual crash, though? Because for him it looks like I'm ending the session. It's not like the game stops working, but more the connection gets lost without any errors.

Also, I update my graphics card regularly since it reminds me automatically, but never my sound and ethernet. Might be worth doing that, see if that changes anything.

Thank you anyway, majinsnake!
    It does not sound like an actual crash. On your friends computer....it might have logged as a crash.

Have your friend update his drivers too. I am hoping the drivers (Especially towards the wireless) will resolve the intermittent connection issues.
  • VamphuntrVamphuntr Member Posts: 7
    My friend and I have the same issue. And no it's not a driver problem as our other games are working fine. The game is not crashing either, it's simply kicking the other player over and over again.