Skip to content

Polymorphed Imp, lot of bugs

johjoh Member Posts: 9
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hi community! I apologize in advance for my bad english (baguette-omelette du fromage and so on, you guess.)

I began a new party, wanting to solo with a dark elve entropist mage (maybe romance Neera some time) and choose a lawfull evil alignement, in order to get the polymorphing Imp ( roleplaying a poor dark elf lost on the surface and whose only friend is a facetious Imp)

After doing some experiences with this really fun feature, I have noticed some bugs, mostly relatives to the imp:

When you import your character, the Imp disappear (even if held in your bag) but not the bonus health. You can summon another one, and get the health bonus again. rince an repeat for possibly infinite HP...

As I didn't wanted to cheese my way out of Candlekeep being level 4-5 (chain murder Firebead-import and so on...) with a billion HP, I went the regular way, obtaining the most from the Imp polymorphing capacities (ogre strenght can open locked chest for exemple).
My playthrough has lead me at Tranzig killing for the moment, and I noticed Imp natural form's poison doesn't work properly. The imp apply it, but it does no damage over time. tested and re-tested. It's annoying.
His polymorphing are buggy too: whereas spider form doesn't poison either and isn't hasted, his two bears and wolf form are overpowered as hell, they are hasted, landing something like 5-6 attack/round, hitting like a truck.

I apologize if someone had already signaled these bug, I read the 3 first pages of the bug forum and didn't see anything on the subject.
Thanks for reading.
Best regards.
Joh

Comments

• johjoh Member Posts: 9
    Oh, and while I'm at it,the spider form isn't immune to web spell, and the ooze form seems wrongly hasted too.
    The only form that seems to work correctly is the ogre one, not hasted nor in attack or movement speed, I'm yet to test the flind form though.
    And a last thing I noticed, the imp often stay stuck in ogre form. It doesn't happen with other morph, only ogre. I suspect it to happen when you take rest while the Imp is still in ogre form. He stay this way forever, cannot morph back to his natural shape and cannot cast Polymorph self anymore. And that's more than annoying, 'cause to reverse that, your only solution is to load a save :x
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Please report in the following form:

OBSERVED:
    1. ogre form cannot turn back to imp
    2. spider form is not resisting webs

EXPECTED:
    1. ogre form can turn back to imp
    2. spider form resists webs

I could only salvage these 2 issues from your report, i hope i understood you correctly.
    edited December 2012
    Yes you have understood correctly. I'm redoing everything in the good way then:

OBSERVED:
    1. ogre/ black bear/ brown bear/ wolf/ ooze/ flind forms move hasted
    2. black bear/ brown bear/ wolf / flind forms have utterly hasted attacks
    3. spider form isn't immune to web spell
    4. spider form isn't hasted in movement speed and in attack per round though it's clearly a sword-spider skin BUT if it shall be a regular giant spider, then it doesn't poison correctly
    5. after resting while in an morph form, the imp sometimes cannot turn back to his natural form and is stuck forever in the chosen form.
    6. Imp's normal attacks apply poison correctly (shows in combat log), but the poison doesn't do any damage (nothing in combat log).

EXPECTED:
    1. ogre/ black bear/ brown bear/ wolf/ ooze/ flind forms should move normally
    2. black bear/ brown bear/ wolf / flind forms should have normalised attacks logical to each form.
    3. spider form is immune to web spell
    4. spider form is hasted in movement speed and attacks like a sword spider (accordingly to its skin) OR if it isn't meant to be a sword spider, then change skin to a regular giant spider, and add poisonned attacks.
    5. Resting doesn't lead to a bug leading to a poor imp perma-morphed.
    6. Poison applied by the imp's normal attacks do a damage over time like every other poison.

Thanks.
    Best regards
    Joh.
    Post edited by joh on
    shameless self-bump ;)