Skip to content

Thief Skills Inaccurate w/Dual Class (Very Minor Spoilers)

I have encountered a bug regarding Thief skills reactivated during the dual class process. I had Imoen gain 6 levels of Thief and I put all of her points into Find Traps and Open Locks, near 100% in both. I then Dual Classed her into Mage as many players seem to do. I finally achieved that 7th Mage level while clearing the Isle of Balduran. Upon reactivated Imoen's Thief skills, they are all rolled back to what appears to be her starting skills, ~15-25%/skill.

I have tried reloading numerous times, rebooting the game, reloading from a previous save, resting, zoning, etc, all with the level applied and with the level still in limbo. No luck. Anyone else get this bug or have a work around? Barring that, any plans to fix it?

Comments

• Primate541Primate541 Member Posts: 4
    I have just done exactly the same as you in my game. Having levelled Imoen as a thief to level 6, and then reaching level 7 as a mage, my thief skills are set as follows
    Pick Pockets 25
    Open Locks 25
    Find Traps 10
    Move Silently 20
    Hide In Shadows 15
    Detect Illusion 0
    Set Traps 5
    It would appear the game is either not saving thief skills during the dual class properly or recalling the proper values, instead reverting to the default starting values. I do still get the proper HP per level, and proper THAC0, backstab modifiers, and weapon proficiencies.