Skip to content

Question about enemies that require enchanted damage.

So there are certain enemies like the Vampiric Wolves that require enchanted weapons to do damage. I was wondering for an archer do you have to have +1 or better arrows or is it good enough to just have a +1 bow using regular arrows?

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    That is an excellent question. I believe the arrow must be enchanted, but I am unsure.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    The arrows must be enchanted. In BG2 there are a couple missile weapons that generate their own magical missiles, but that is not standard or common.

But do remember, the plusses stack. So a +2 bow with +2 arrows has a +4 to hit and damage. Bows, especially in BG1, can be very deadly!
    lunar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yes since the ammo is what makes contact with the monster, you can kill one with a bullet+1 and unenchanted sling. But not with a sling+5 (say,) and normal bullets.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    Ok thanks. Good to know. If only + ammo was a bit easier to find now. It's also pretty expensive early on. I ran into some vamp wolves way before I had money for the ammo. I guessed I was moving ahead too fast so I just backed off until I had enough money.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    It is easy for 1st level characters to get over their heads fast. But if you proceed in a pretty straight line for the Neshkel Mines you will have a doable adventure, come out of it a level or two higher, get some good loot, and be well on your way to building a more survivable party.