Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Video Issue (inverted menu x play area)

Hi there folks,

I installed the game neatly and it ran alright until I finished creating the character. When game play starts, I see the world within the area where the menus and dialog box should be, and the usual 'world area' is just a black square. I click in that black area and I see the character move on the area where I should see the menus. If I click there, instead of moving the character, I am clicking the menu buttons. When I see inventory, map and all other screens, those work just fine. Full screen x windowed screen makes no difference. I also see the subtitles when I go into the Black Pit, and some parts of the right-side menu.

Anyone else having the same problem? Can anyone help me with this?

I have an ATI Radeon X1200 video card on a Windows 7 Ultimate laptop (resolution 1366x768).

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2012
    Already tried to install the latest video drivers and/or uninstall and reinstall BG:EE?

For the video drivers installation I always suggest to:

1- do a complete uninstall of the previous drivers;

2- restart pc;

3- clean every registry file/dll and such with a dedicate program; [Spoiler]if anyone is interested send me a PM, I will give the name of the program I always use, I don't want to spam here[/Spoiler]
    4- restart pc;

5- Install latest drivers;

6. restart pc.

• iturrietaiturrieta Member Posts: 1
    Yes, have done that, no luck. I can run it on an older laptop, on XP, it runs slowly but with no such issue. I'll keep looking, if I find something I'll post it here. Thanks for the reply.