Skip to content

Books of Darkness - Ulcaster ghost

NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Current Behavior: Bringing Books of Darkness (2 History of Sister of Light and Darkness can be found in Gullykin and 1 in Baldur's Gate) to Ulcaster ghost doesn't give you XP (and the ghost doesn't take the books).

Expected Behavior: The ghost would take the books and reward you for bringing them to him.

Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    He wants the book from the ruin only. It's personalised to him.
    Avenger_teambg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2012
    In BG1 vanilla it was possible to obtain the reward for more than one book. Most likely this exploit has been removed on purpose in BGEE.

Edit: It is indeed done on purpose as I checked with NearInfinity and currently the book from the ruins has a different item code than the other copies.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yes, this is not an issue.
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    edited December 2012
    Point 3
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar3900.htm

You can also bring to him kozah idol and the rusted armor (that found in Firewine dungeon) and you are rewarded with a cursed sword.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    If by cursed you mean AWESOME : )

Give it to Rasaad and let him heal the party with it. Its the most usefulness you wll get out of him.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    The quest was intentionally updated - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2139/bg1-inconsistancy-ulcasters-book-0813

You can only complete the quest by turning in the book from the ruins.
    SirBaldur
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    @Sirk8 Thx for the link. I think the topic can be closed. ^_^
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    A possible enhancement though could be to somehow make it more obvious in game that the book is unique to avoid confusion. Especially given the behavior in vanilla.
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    Damn, i just walked all the way back to ulcaster to give him the other 2 books!