Skip to content

Graphic problem

Hi guys, happy holidays.
I need your help, advice and possibly ideas for solutions.
My BG:EE works fine on my desktop, an Alienware x51 so no surprise it works fine. Problem is, right now I downloaded the game for my laptop, an Asus K50IN series, mounting a Penthium dual-core 2GB/2GB and 2 GB RAM. Graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce G102M, drivers updated. the game starts fine, but when I start a new game or load an old one, this is what I see:
http://i47.tinypic.com/es3vba.jpg
The screen was taken just outside Winthorp's inn, at the very beginning of the game. As you can see in the picture, background maps don't work. I can interact with the doors and stuff like that, but they simply do not show. The problem is with the maps only, since when I press to access the various panels (options, priest book, journal) I see everything. When I press M to get the local map or the world map, I can see how it's supposed to look like: Candlekeep and stuff for the screen I linked you above.s
I am presently running the game in compatibility with Windows 95, 640x480. Tried changing resolution, but the problem persists. If I run the game in windows mode, it just doesn't start, I can hear the music in the background, but I am not able to interact with anything so I keep the game in full screen. I do not know whether or not the problems are related, it might be but I don't think so. I am not interested in solving the problem concerning the windowed mode, I am just trying to see the maps when I play in full screen mode. Any ideas? Is this a common problem or it's just me?
Thanks for the replies.

Comments