Skip to content

Dwarf females have beards

IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
Everyone knows this. But not in this game. I remember they had beards in the original game. What happened?

"Give dwarf ladies back their rightfull beards!"

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    This is a touchy subject for the ladies ;) As a matter of fact, it has changed throughout the various editions of Forgotten Realms/D&D. At first the had beards like the male dwarves, then they had light growth and often shaved, and currently they don't have beards. There's even a joke about it at the beginning of the Icewind Dale computer game.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012
    IkMarc said:

Everyone knows this. But not in this game. I remember they had beards in the original game. What happened?

"Give dwarf ladies back their rightfull beards!"

Not all of them. Arctic dwarves or Urdunnir can't have. :)

What happened? BG2 graphics. (thank God though)
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Actually, in FR they ALWAYS have beards, it's just the ones that go live among humans will sometimes shave them off as to blend with the cultural norms for females. It's really up the individual dwarf whether she shaves or not.

Actually, in FR they ALWAYS have beards, it's just the ones that go live among humans will sometimes shave them off as to blend with the cultural norms for females. It's really up the individual dwarf whether she shaves or not.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Arctic_dwarf

"Unlike most dwarves, arctic dwarf females can't grow beard, though men can, often growing short bears with twisting mustaches."
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    Erm, are you sure? I'm pretty certain none of the art from the FR had bearded Dwarven lasses.
    And I know for certain that in BG1 Dwarven women had no beards.The first character I ever finished the game with was a female Dwarf.
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited December 2012
    Yeslick is actually female O_o She hides it pretty well tough!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2012
    I found proof! In the Forgotten Realms dwarf females can grow full beards.

It's on Wikipedia so it's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Edit: dafuq with the link?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    The 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Player's Guide don't really talk about it. The Player's Guide has one mention of it, where it says that male gold dwarves sport long beards, while most females don't. So apparently they still could have beards, if they wanted to.
    IkMarc said:

I found proof! In the Forgotten Realms dwarf females can grow full beards.

It's on Wikipedia so it's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Edit: dafuq with the link?

Again, arctic and Urdunnir can't. But ok they are not typical dwarves.