Skip to content

Error when launching game

Simpson1225Simpson1225 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
I recently tried to install BGEE for a friend, and it seemed to download fine. However when 'play' is clicked from the installer, it crashes and gives an error message saying:

There was an error. A crash report was saved to:

{filepath}

Please contact support@baldursgate.com"

So I sent an email to the given address, and immediately got an automated reply saying

"Hello {my email address},

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://support.google.com/a/baldursgate.com/bin/topic.py?hl=en_US&topic=25838.

Thanks,

baldursgate.com admins"

So not only does the game not work, but apparently the support email address doesn't work either!

Is there another email address to ask for help from? Has anyone else had this problem and know what i can do to fix it? I have tried running as administrator, checking for driver updates and running in compatibility mode, but no success :(
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    try support@beamdog.com
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Also, give us your graphics card specs. Try to upgrade graphics drivers, most of these bugs are fixed that way.