Skip to content

Dorn - to Claw or not?

I'm wondering whether to give Dorn the Claw of Kazgaroth or not, CHARNAME got the Con tome (though I did give Dorn the Charisma tome), and he's not a shorty, so he can take the Con hit without noticing, though the -4 to saves vs. death/poison might be a problem at my current stage in the game - I've done the Bandit Camp and most of the south part of the map, but am still to do Spiders Wood and the the Cloakwood areas, both of which contain spiders (and therefore poison...), so was thinking perhaps best to wait until after I've done those areas?

BTW Dorn is currently level 6, and there's no one else in my party (elf fighter/mage CHARNAME with 18 Con, Monty, Viconia, Imoen, Edwin) who would be good to use the Claw with.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    If nobody else who can use the claw, then yes, Death saves are rather rare in BG outside of poison, and in the maybe two maps where poison is a serious issue, there are antidotes and scrolls to help.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Pro-tip: Give the claw to the same character that you give the cloak of displacement to. That way only one of your party members has to wander aroujnd lookin like an idiot
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    ajwz said:

Pro-tip: Give the claw to the same character that you give the cloak of displacement to. That way only one of your party members has to wander aroujnd lookin like an idiot

even pro-er tip: use dltcep to remove that goddamn blur effect (65).
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

ajwz said:

If I can get DLTCEP to work, I'm be tempted to.

I've now done the Spider Wood and Cloakwood Nest, so am tempted now to give Dorn the Claw...
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419

ajwz said:

If I can get DLTCEP to work, I'm be tempted to.

I've now done the Spider Wood and Cloakwood Nest, so am tempted now to give Dorn the Claw...
    you can (I did), with the same settings as BG2, just using BGEE's install directory. (and possibly hardlinking things, my game was already made mod/SK ready at that point)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Okay, I'll give it a whirl, I've already run the script to setup up links yo get SK to work, so I guess should work okay! It's just that I could never get Near Infinity to work properly, so was skeptical about DLTCEP too.