Skip to content

Spoken Easter Egg Lines Gone (oh and lag)

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
Hello guys.

I didn't bother to make a bug report because I have too many different mods for it to be a fair call.

But I recently got Baldur's Gate from GoG to replace my disc and haven't tested the vanilla version of it at all. I immediately started modding it and after three or four attempts I am happy with it.

However, the main problem is in certain areas I lag to the point of not being able to progress. Nashkel is next to impossible to play through, the only relief is when I'm on another screen or a conversation, but I don't crash.

The other problem which is no doubt a result of EasyTutu is that all of the spoken lines which appear when you click on an NPC far too many times don't happen. They don't get mad at me for touching them anymore (except Xzar who is shy).

A list of mods I can provide if need.

Comments

• DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2012
    The lag is probably caused by Infinity Animations, which in my case was solved by using Generalized Biffing.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2012
    I took out Infinity Animations because it was too much trouble. I don't have Tobex on it either.

I installed Rogue Rebalancing on my last install which I suspect may have put Tobex on it, I don't know how it got there. Either way the only thing I can think of now is 1PP.

I haven't biffed any of my installs though I probably ought.
  • DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    1pp does not cause any trouble. I have tested and tried that mod over and over and over, it didn't give me any lag whatsoever.

The horrible lag I had in Candlekeep came from having TobEx load IA or any other animation mod, which was solved by throwing the Biffer on the install afterwards, even with IA.