Skip to content

Enhanced Edition PC vs IPad

I apologize ahead of time because I'm sure this is something that has already been asked a million times. I've done my research and looked around on what people feel is the better version and I'm getting conflicting answers. Some say that Baldur's Gate was the perfect game to be put on the Ipad while others say that the Ipad has a hard time selecting certain objects like a door. Now that the game has been out for awhile (granted not very long) has a more concrete decision about this been made?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Unfortunately, the best answer is "it depends..."

The PC version is still easier to use and will probably remain the definitive version. But if you need portability at all, the iPad version is completely playable. It has a few quirks and a little more of a learning curve than the PC version, but nothing game breaking. I have been playing, and enjoying both. No worries either way.
  • CybsCybs Member Posts: 3
    I've played the PC version (part 2) 10 years back or so and now the iPad version. Like atcDave said, it has its quirks but its perfectly playable. Only game I've been playing for a while now. I'm hooked :)
  • LoomisLoomis Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2017
    I know it's old thread but thought I would add this for other new players in future that come across this in google etc. search engine

iPad game is super nice to chill with without sitting in a chair at laptop or pc ... pc has auto roller and modding .... I just bought iPad version recently and love it ... but I also just today purchased pc version from Beamdog so I can play with auto roller, eekeeper, and mods as well ... in addition to supporting them since they make most money when you order through them and not steam or apple etc

tl:dr - iPad awesome for riding in cars, vacations, in bed, laying on couch being lazy .... pc great for getting to use mods , eekeeper, autorollers etc .... two totally different ways to play ... couch potato out or get in a chair / desk position and play mods etc

My back tends to hurt after a couple hours at a desk the iPad is way way way more comfortable but you do lose the options I stated above