Skip to content

need to spend 40k gold on items in chapter 7

Hi

I am currently in Chapter 7 and I have around 40.000 gold. Can anyone please recommend me a good place where to buy good magical items (in Baldur's Gate or elsewhere)? I also need healing potions and antidotes as I'm having a hard time finding places that sell any.

Thank in advance.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Sorcerous sundries, Black lily (thieves guild) and High hedge are good places to buy magical ammunition and potions.

There are a few powerful magical items at the blacksmith in beregost too.
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    I wiped out entire thieves guild :(
    Oh well.. thanks for the other suggstions :)
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    You can get healing potions at temples, as well. E.g., Elixirs of health, which I think are the most potent potions in BG1 (unless that has changed..?) Also, it is quite common to have more gold than is remotely usable; you are not the only player who has encountered this. :/
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Yes. I remember how much I saved cash when I was younger. Then I completed the game with a fortune on me that I never used. Now I spend it all when I can - on usefull stuff ofcourse
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    In my last playthrough I purchased enough potions of Mastery Thievery that there was never any point in increasing my pickpocketing or lock-opening past 60 for the entire game. I finished up with about thirty potions left, too. You should just utterly raid every potion shop you can find for their entire stock and get extremely liberal with using the potions.

Of course, they're cheap. I still finished the game with an absurd amount of gold.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2013
    shop of silence, and their unlimited quantity of bullets +2s for your slingers, Beregost smithy's arrow +2s for you archers. also, buy robe of xy archimage, and claw of kazgaroth in high hedge.

...and there goes about 40k gold. (if you're running with 20 rep)
    Post edited by DinsdalePiranha on