Skip to content

Big problem with Sam Hulick's music

Where can I get it? The first 15 seconds of the Cloudpeak song are amazing. It should be the official anthem for all mountains and large objects. I am playing the ACM file in VLC player. There must be a better way. Any word on a soundtrack or official release of MP3's?

Sieur de La Cornbread

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    From what I understand, they're unable to sell merchandise of any kind.

Although on a personal note, I would also love to see the new music appear on iTunes. Perhaps after the release of BG2:EE they can negotiate a deal where they can sell the new music and possibly some remastered versions of the original tracks as well.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    cant you use vlc to convert it to wav or mp3? I'm pretty sure vlc has such capability...
  • kkramonekkramone Member Posts: 54
    VLC player could play ACMs. Also, Media Player Classic plays them well. I found that lots of ACMs were cut into parts, sadly, not the whole songs but the themes. I checked media info and I saw they're all ogg vorbis files. The Media info is below:

General
    Complete name : C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\music\cday1\cday1a.acm
    Format : OGG
    File size : 3.23 MiB
    Duration : 2mn 33s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 177 Kbps

Audio
    ID : 17636 (0x44E4)
    Format : Vorbis
    Format settings, Floor : 1
    Duration : 2mn 33s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 3.52 MiB
    Writing library : libVorbis (Omnipresent) (20120203 (Omnipresent))

If you wanna listen these songs in mp3 format they can be converted to mp3 format but it has to be renamed "***.ogg". dBpoweramp software can convert these files.
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    ACM2WAV.EXE works for me.
  • SieurdeLaCornbreadSieurdeLaCornbread Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the comments. I took Nic_Mercy's idea and converted it with VLC into an mp3, which I've been playing in winamp. Now I've just got to chop off the first 15 seconds of that track and play it over and over and over. I'll use Sylvus_Moonbow's audacity link for that.

I think these Beamdog fellows should release the new tracks to the public if they're not going to sell them. We need them for our drive to work in the morning.

Sieur de La Cornbread
  • SieurdeLaCornbreadSieurdeLaCornbread Member Posts: 21
    Here is the resulting 15 second mp3 clip if anybody is interested:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/1F3016564A5D80DB

Sieur de La Cornbread