Skip to content

Looking for basic info....

I haven't been able to find anything similar to just a basic User Guide. The tutorial is helpful; however, there is no direct mention about completing simple tasks, such as handing an item to another party member.

I'm guessing these things may be a bit more straightforward on a PC, yet are a bit tedious on an iPad.

I anyone can let me know how to give items to party members, unlock doors and engage in group combat, the help would be appreciated.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    To transfer items, go into a party member's inventory, tap on the item and then tap on the portrait of the character you want to move the item to. It's the same mechanic as equipping items.

To unlock doors, you need a thief, or a key, but only certain doors have keys and if you have them you just tap on the door to open it. When you select your thief they should have an icon on the bottom bar that looks kinda like a masquerade mask. Click on this (it will get an orange/red line around the icon) and then click on the door/chest/etc that you want to unlock. Bear in mind you need your lockpicking skill above a certain amount to open locked objects (different for each item).

To engage in group combat (I assume you mean have everyone attack at once), simply select your whole party and then tap on the enemy. The icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen selects your whole party. Also consider that this method is not very effective and will probably get you killed a lot.
  • DCGothDCGoth Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for the help. I love this game so far, just so used to PC game mechanics that I'm having a bit of a learning curve with iOS. I'll get there eventually though.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    If you haven't found this already, the original game manuals are here:

http://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html