Skip to content

any chance for two handed axes and war hammers in the patch?

that would be cool.

Comments

• nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I concur
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Throwing hammers would also be nice, especially for dwarf clerics! :-)
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Ohh two handed axes would be awesome! But they might have to make new animations then? Something they can not do?
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I think Aristillius has a point, new animations and all. But if that isn't an issue, then hell yeah. While we're at it, lets add scythes?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Ohh two handed axes would be awesome! But they might have to make new animations then? Something they can not do?

Yeah I doubt it will happen, if only for this reason. They could probably use the halberd animation for greataxes (I think that's what they did in IWD at least), but I don't what they could use for a sledgehammer.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    They wouldn't really have to add new animations, since all two handed melee weapons have the same animations IIRC. I'd be more worried about balance issues, as the axe proficiency would immediately become the most versatile proficiency, with a single hand, two hand, and ranged option.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    If Great Axes are included, they should be in a separate category like that of the long sword and 2 handed sword.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Since I just read that importing animations has been made easier, it might be possible to just rip the respective animations from Icewind Dale. I'm not sure you can create new weapon skills though. Might have to go under axes.
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    i thought that it would be axe/hammer and then two handed weapons