Skip to content

Sandman's figurines

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited January 2013 in Fan Creations
Figured I'd take a queue from @LadyRhian and start a thread even if it's just for me to post stuff.

If you're interested in just browsing my photos of all my Warhammer crap, this link takes you to all my stuff done up last year. Starting this month, I made a new library and will keep doing so on a monthly basis, just to keep a semblance of sanity to the gobs of pictures I'm uploading nowadays.

My latest work:

Half of my first cultist squad. I was going to get the other ones done, but I got really sidetracked with other projects. Notice how I made the duplicate models look slightly different! Yay for each guy being somewhat unique. It's a lot easier to do that on cultists than it is space marines, I tell you.

This particular tank belongs to a friend. He recently converted a bunch of his old regular Space Marines into Chaos, or another Space Marine chapter. This particular tank, he turned into a Predator of Nurgle. Nurgle, for the uninitiated, is the god of pestilence and decay. He did all the sculpting of the demon lurching out of the top as well as the eyeball on the front and the tentacles wrapped around the guns. I did all the painting. It's TECHNICALLY not finished because I didn't bother to paint any of the lights nor the treads. After getting this done, I told my buddy I had 0 interest in continuing on the tank because I just really dislike painting tanks I've discovered. It's really time consuming and extremely boring due to the large amounts of flat surfaces.

This particular guy is a goblin out of the "Escape from Goblin Town" Hobbit miniatures game. The lady who owns the hobby shop near me already did a set and made a really cool display for it, and got another set to paint up to ship to their location up state. I convinced her to let me paint one of the goblins. I'm hoping she'll let me do the whole thing. You guys have no idea how badly I want to paint up Gandalf.

My current project. I should get back to my cultists but I just wanted to paint up my sorcerer so badly. The reason I painted the tank for my friend is because he gave me this miniature which retails for like $14 bucks not counting shipping, so doing the tank was repayment. It's 4 AM here and I'm tired as hell or I'd go ahead and do the backpack and arm holding the gun, and attach it, and blah. BLAH.

Still, he's pretty damned cool and if you don't think so, go to hell you have yourself a pleasant evening but I disagree with you very strongly.
thedemoninsideCrevsDaak

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Those are done very well. I like that you weren't afraid to use bold colors. Alot of people immediately go with washed out or darker colors to mask less than perfect dry brushing. The bright colors make each piece very eye catching in a good way.

I never had the patience to finish painting my army.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The tzeentch one is good. Also, you must have a pretty good camera to be able to take photos that close with making them blurry.