Skip to content

Mods during Multiplayer?

TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
I was wondering if mods for BGEE would work during multiplayer, so me and my friends can use XP cap removers?

Comments

• AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    I've read somewhere, that it should work if all players have the exact same mods installed. I cannot say anything for sure however, since I can't find the post I read it in. I'm planning a multiplayer session with some friends at the end of January where we will also be using xp cap removers (specifically the lvl 40 mod provided here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-level-40-rule-sethigh-level-abilities#latest).

It would be nice to have an update on whether it works out for you if you try it. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The only obstacle to mods working in multiplayer is matching resources. As long as the resources are all the same (i.e. dialog.tlk and the override folder), they should work fine.

Even some resources like custom portraits will work fine, as long as they don't affect anything in the engine; so you could use some custom portraits for your characters, but you couldn't use a modified version of Plate Mail Armor even if the only thing you did was change its equipped appearance, unless everyone has the same altered version of that .itm file.