Skip to content

Icewind Dale 1 - Resting

fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
I have turned off the option "Heal Party on Rest" using the Config Tool, but everytime that my group rests in an inn, or when I simply click on the rest button, they end up sleeping for days until everyone has full Hit Points. I found out that I can prevent this from happening by opening a menu, like the Character's Record (Hotkey R), then clicking on Rest, but I can't do that when the tavern menu is opened. Is there any way to fix this "bug", particularly when they sleep inside an inn? If not, I guess sleeping in the wilderness is the way to go.
Post edited by Jalily on
DinsdalePiranha

Comments

• LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    I believe there is an option in the normal in-game options settings "rest until fully healed". Turn this off.

L.
    QuartzCalmarMetal_Hurlant
  • fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    Luge said:

I believe there is an option in the normal in-game options settings "rest until fully healed"

There isn't. My Icewind.ini also has:

[Game Options]
    Heal Party on Rest=0
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Do you not have a cleric or druid in the party? Their healing should stop you from needing to rest more than 8-16 hours at a time, regardless of whether you're resting until healed or not.
    Quartz
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    fpc1 said:

There isn't.

Luge is correct. There's an option in the Icewind Dale Config. It says 'Heal Party on Rest'. Here's a screenshot:

SCARY_WIZARD
  • fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
    I stated in the first sentence of this topic that I have turned off that option using the Config Tool, and Luge said that there might be an option in-game that allows you to turn it off, which means that option is available while you are playing the game. There isn't.

I was expecting someone to post some sort of mods that fix it, but I guess there isn't one. I will just let my party sleep in the wilderness as I stated before.

It's also irritating to come back to this topic and see useless advice getting "Agree" votes, so I guess I'm done here unless someone PM me with an actual solution instead of random guesses.
    TalarashaDinsdalePiranha
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    There isn't a mod for this as far as i can recall, why would there be? Why so averse to using that option? It's not a cheat, it's a viable option. It is there precicely because of people who don't like seeing the party sleeping for days(since that part uses D&D rules and is supposed to be more realistic as in RL resting for 8 hrs doesn't heal you miraculously, it takes days and weeks to heal fully depending on severity).

I always use heal on rest as that too is realistic for a game if you have healers in the party. You go dodo, healers heal, re-memorize spells and wake up 8-16 hrs later healthy and ready to rock more critters.
    Ulfgar_Torunn
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2013
    long time bug, sadly without a fix, though I did not know about character record trick, that should come in handy. best you can do is CTRL+R everyone, or if you're in a town, use their healers.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited January 2013

long time bug, sadly without a fix, though I did not know about character record trick, that should come in handy. best you can do is CTRL+R everyone, or if you're in a town, use their healers.

Yeah, I know...though I nearly had forgotten about this, if it wouldn't have been posted here.

http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/restforonly8hours.htm
    That's the only possible solution I know off, don't even know if it solves his problem, but sent already a message.

To the postings above: he wants 'only' to rest for friggin' 8h, NOT to heal - just to rest (possibly spellbook refresh); nothing else. And that ain't working in IWD1 under some circumstances.

DinsdalePiranha
  • locomotronlocomotron Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    "heal on rest" has nothing to do with the problem OP has, please read more carefully, the problem he(and many others) is(are) having is that the party automatically rests until they are fully healed AND has their spellbooks fully restocked, meaning they usually rest for at LEAST 16 hours.

The issue is that the game automatically chooses "rest until healed" when choosing rest from the main game screen or from inns(although I can accept it from inns, it is just really very immersion breaking to have a party rest for 24 hours in a hostile dungeon(even weirder than resting 8 hours with skeletons around the corner.)

To get around this, one must enter the character report screen and rest from there, a dialog will then pop up asking if they should rest until healed or rest for 8 hours, something which should have been in the options menu to begin with, rest on heal is fine, as otherwise the spells would be wasted, resting until healed is a very specific (and annoying) option.

Hopefully this clears it up slightly.
    valky said:

http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/restforonly8hours.htm
    That's the only possible solution I know off, don't even know if it solves his problem, but sent already a message.

Valky, I was unable to use your mod, both Hotkey S and Hotkey D did not work for me, I resolved the issue with the above mentioned solution.