Skip to content

Will it run on Ouya?

So, I heard Ouya will run all Android games. Since the release is so close and we haven't seen much about BG EE in Adroid... is it possible it will run smoothly in Ouya?

Comments

• true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    How unfortunate. Thanks.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    People who use those consoles are using them because many don't want a keyboard and mouse. Due to that, a new UI and input method would have to be wrote to support a controller, which is big bucks.

At first I thought OUYA would be a pirate safehaven, but now it seems that you can only load apps on it through the OUYA store. You would have to root the device to gain developer mode to install pirated software, which I don't think everyone will do (though many will). Considering how popular OUYA is looking to be, I would think they would sell more copies of BGEE through OUYA than they are going to through the Android marketplace.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Really? I dont even know what OUYA is :p
  • RalphTrickeyRalphTrickey Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    Ouya is a new console (like the XBox, PS3 and WII) coming out very soon. The big thing it's got going is that it's about $99. It's based on Android 4, like many phones and tablets (everything except Apple and Blackberry.)

There are at least a couple more consoles like this coming out soon, so it's a case of whichever takes mindshare that's going to have the better content.

The Ouya is supposed to be easy to root so I expect a LOT of people to root it or sideload software unless it's got very good content out of the box. Even if it does, I'm sure some people will root it because it's cheap and they can ;)

The Ouya controller does have a touchpad, and I think that you could emulate a mouse using the controller. It could be a simpler port than Android was (hint)(hint).

Worst case, you can run Windows 3.1 and some Windows 95/98 games on Android.

The Ouyas are going out to kickstarters starting March 28, so we should know more about it then.

Changed angle brackets ro parentheses around hint.
    Post edited by RalphTrickey on
    Aristillius
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Aha, thankyou =)