Skip to content

No pause between casting?

SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
How can this be done? I've never made a mod of any sort before, all I want is for my mages and such to cast without pause time between spells.
What would I need to change where? Can it be done with Shadowkeeper?

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    You could get 3 million xp and take improved alacrity as your high level ability. Then while under the effect of improved alacrity you wouldn't have to wait till the next round to cast.

I guess you could shadow keeper yourself level 9 spells and the ability to cast improved alacrity.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Improved Alacrity is a wanna be Daer'Ragh's Aura Cleansing. Which is a 4th level spell you can get through Shadowkeeper. I believe it last about 1-2mins? Not sure. But anyways, I've been using that for years as a way to remove the pause, but I don't want to have to rely on a spell anymore for that.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    It's possible to give such property to an item through mod.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited January 2013
    The easiest way would probably be to get under the aura-cleansing effect and use a save editor to change the timing mode of the effect to permanent (obviously you need a save where you are affected by aura cleansing for this). I can't recall if SK can (though I think it can, even if it mostly/partially uses hex values to represent the effects and their internal fields), but NI can definitely do it. Mind you, there are two relevant timing modes here: permanent (1) and permanent after death (9). The latter is more permanent than the former. It might also be prudent to change the dispel/resist field to some flavour of undispellable.
    I've tried to use Near Infinity with unflinching determination but I'm so bad at that stuff it just makes me feel stupid when I try to use such programs. >_>

Got a detailed, step-by-step, idiot proof instruction on how to add that effect on maybe the +1 staff?

=D
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @Sarevokok If you are planning to play BGII-TOB there is an awesome mod made by Zyraen called 'Hidden Kits'. This allows you to essentially Dual Class Cleric/Mage into a class called Arch-Mage, but still gain experience in both like a multi with some AWESOME High level perks like permanent Improved Alacrity.

I think such an awesome power is a bit game breaking at the XP cap of BGEE.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/623-hidden-kits/
    Yes but I love cheating. Being at the status of God power gives me some sort of thrill. But I do play the game legit and have many, oh so many times over.
    I'll check that out though, thank you.
    1. Open NI
    2. Open item of your choice
    3. Go to Edit tab on top left
    4. Click Add button on bottom left, choose Effect
    5. Left click the newly added effect row
    6. Click View/Edit button
    7. On type row, choose "Increase spells cast per round (188)" and click update value
    8. Set target to "Self (1)" and click update value
    9. There are two "unknown" rows directly under the target row. On second "unknown" row, change to "01 00 00 00" and click update value
    10. Change timing mode to "Instant/Permanent until death (1)" and click update value
    11. Make sure Dispel/Resistance is set to "No dispel/bypass resistance (0)"
    12. Set Probability 1 to "100" and press enter

Enjoy :-)
    edited November 2013
    @leeho730

Question, what is the 01 00 00 00 for? What does it do/mean? Just questioning so in case I want to change anything else.
    Post edited by Sarevokok on
    edited January 2013
    Sarevokok said:

@leeho730 You, yes you. Please appoint me to the nearest place of worship so I may pay homage to thee.

Question, what is the 01 00 00 00 for? What does it do/mean? Just questioning so in case I want to change anything else.

Hi, it just enables improved alarcrity function. Like on and off switch. "00 00 00 00" on that row means improved alarcrity is off.
    HI,

Just one thing.

On my original instruction step 10, wrong info.

Instead of "Instant/Permanent until death (1)", please choose "Instant/While equipped (2)".
  • FD3SAFD3SA Member Posts: 17
    Leeho, you are a god among men. I have never, ever been as happy as I am now. Finally, I can face Irenicus as an equal.

Hail to you champion.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    edited September 2015
    I remember taking a chr file and adding IA through a hex editor. If I can remember how to do it, I'll Skype you. Happy cheating, Karok!

EDIT: I can post the chr file of my character. Also, I remember making my Jon Irenicus have IA. It was horrible not being able to cast infinite spells! *shudders*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    I wish there was some sort of incremental aspect to aura cleansing. Like, if you put 5 in, it shaves off just 1 second or something similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on