Skip to content

[ Misunderstanding resolved ] Some issues in 'single' multiplayer

old_jollyold_jolly Member Posts: 5
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
Hello there all ,

I'm playing BG:EE on Multiplayer with 6 characters all mine. One inquisitor (leader) and 5 same stat archers actually. This post is not for 'Fixing Multiplayer' thread , because these may be because of other things , playing multi as single.

There are some errors that bugging the game in this style :

1. When a PC is pertrified ( other than that inquisitor of course ) , there is no way to put that char back in the party , of course again , after it is depetrified.
2. When the game finished ( BG1 part ) , there were no export chars and I couldn't go to the next section. I don't know how it skips to the next one ( BG 2 ). FYI , 4 of my 6 people band died , so may be that's why there were no exports ? After I run Final Save again , the game quits , and I can't start a new session , 'New Game' and 'Load Game' does not respond to click events.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    I find it odd that some of 'The Biggs' fixes like appropriate handling of frozen deaths didn't make it into BGEE. This was somewhat of a problem in the original, but there are mods that addressed this problem. I have not yet researched beyond the initial posts about general mod compatibility if the one that fixes this particular issue is compatible with BGEE.
    Anton
  • old_jollyold_jolly Member Posts: 5
    I actually played hardcore , saves on game exits only. So I handled that depetrification problem by saving at the appropriate places if one of my archers get petrified I started again , kind of bad for me it seems it breaks the hardcore , actually it is of because a game problem.

So first one is okay , I handle it around. But what about progressing to BG2 after finishing BG1 in multiplayer ? I killed Sarevok without any of my chars killed after that problem to see if it is a problem of death. But no , these happen in progress :

1. Game quits to 'Connect' screen of Multiplayer
    2. After this , I click 'Connect' and I click 'New Game'
    3. It says 'Multiplayer session has been terminated'
    4. So again I go to 'Multiplayer' and 'Connect'
    5. "It does not respond to my click events on 'New Game' and 'Load Game' "
    6. So I tried to change the player name , it was Guardian and I made it Guardia
    7. It connected , and it showed below 'Guardian-Joined The Game'. So my other player 'Guadian'
    was in the game , and I , 'Guardia' have joined it as a second player
    8. Because may be it cannot handle 2 connection from the same IP , it crashed , BG:EE crashed
    totally , ctrl+alt+del being a solution to shut the program
    I will try in my some spare time may be I can import my Guardian char ( the inquisitor ) on single and I progress to BG2 in single , then after making it to BG2 , starting multiplayer and importing the other chars ( archers ). May be that should work , but the problem still exists
    Hello , as after the last january 14 update , the problem of switching to BG 2 still exists , fyi.

Thank you for your time.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I might be confused about your question, but BG2 is not part of BGEE. There will be a second product, "Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition" including BG2 and Throne of Bhaal released some time in the future.
    Oh. Truly sorry. :) I will not delete the post however I don't know if I can , let it stay here for anyone who can confuse BG:EE is BG1 and BG2 both. Thank you for the answer.