Skip to content

System requirements?

MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
I'm just wondering about Baldur's Gate : Enhanced Edition system requirements. Since it is an enhanced version, just wondering whether the graphic improvement will require a pretty decent hardware or not.

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    BGEE won't have a new graphics engine, you'll probably see more of a graphics overhaul in the UI department rather than on animations.

So its very likely that any decent PC bought in the last 5 (10?) years will run the game perfectly.

EDIT: But no, I don't think they've released any system requirements yet.
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2012
    BGEE won't have a new graphics engine, you'll probably see more of a graphics overhaul in the UI department rather than on animations.

So its very likely that any decent PC bought in the last 5 (10?) years will run the game perfectly.
    Sounds good to me. I should be able to run it.
    One last question though, when was this forum made? I just found this forum today because I was directed to this forum from the homepage after clicking something. Some of the members including you has more than 1000 posts which show me that this forum is not new. :/ I know that this is out of topic but I just want to ask it here.
    edited July 2012
    This forum is about a month old, but it was awaiting approval so it wasn't open to the public.

I imagine that it was recently approved so that's why there now is a link on baldursgate.com

I have over 1000 posts because I probably talk too much.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012

I have over 1000 posts because I probably talk too much.
    Yup :P

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @Tanthalas wanna bet on who is disagreeing with every post you make? Ahahahaa :P

Anyway on topic, the system requirements will be a bit higher than the original, but not anything fancy.
    @Mornmagor

It just means that if they decide to hand out Disagree badges I'll have a head start!
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2012
    I would like to know what are the specifications or requirements the PC must have in order to run the game?
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @sledgefang this is a good question, and I'm pretty sure that the requirements won't extend far beyond the requirements for Throne of Bhaal, but it would still be nice to know for sure. I do know that the development team is awaiting approval from the publisher and other parties with vested interests in the game for several announcements, and this may very well be amongst them.
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    Ah. I hope so. My PC has the intel I7 with 3 gigs of ram and the Nvidia 9800 GTX. It's out of date with many current games but I hope it's enough for this game. I've been a fan since the 90s and I would love to replay Baldurs Gate once more.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I think you're safe.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited July 2012
    I asked Oster once through Twitter. If I recall correctly, any computer with 2005 software should run it fine.

Edit : remembering that changes might occur throughout the development cycle I guess?
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    eh uh i dont want to update my rig... I hope it´s safe to use a 1024 res then on my old machine that runs TW1 pretty good.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    While we don't have explicit minimum hardware requirements sussed out just yet (don't worry, we will later), @Cheesebelly has the gist of it for now. The game likely will not be very much more hardware intensive than the original version, but more information will be available as we get closer to completion.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Minimum GTX680 4way SLI and i7 990X processor.

No i'm joking of course, I'm sure that 99% of actual PC can run BG EE... Even my old PIII with GeForce 2 will run it.

@NWN_babaYaga if you can run The Witcher 1, BG EE won't be a problem
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513

Required System Memory (MB) 512 MB
    Minimum Graphics GeForce 2 or Equivalent
    Processor Speed (GHz) 1 GHZ
    Source: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    Old thread but hey, it`l run on tablets..."ancient" PC`s should do the job fine.