Skip to content

Toggle New Larger Numbers

I can certainly understand that the tiny numbers BGEE used previously for inventory stacks and carry weight may have been difficult for some people to read, but I find them a bit garish and ugly. Could we perhaps get an option to revert to the previous size, or better still, the ability to adjust between multiple sizes to find something that suits?

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too:

I looked around and I found this file, you should be able to put it in your override folder to revert to the smaller size:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o4h5Vf8p_ENW1WaFJOZU9qTmM/edit

Let me know if you have any problems.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    My preference would be for a font size somewhere between the two and not using a scaled-up bitmap font, which looks ugly
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    @sepotter I tried that file, and it honestly looks horrible. It doesn't restore the original size, it doesn't even work properly on all the numbers. It just looks really bad.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2013
    @Wakukee
    Odd, it worked for me with just the one file, but perhaps you need all three "number.bam" files, please try this:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9o4h5Vf8p_EbDZTai15VHgydlk/edit

Note: I've learned that NUMBER2.BAM and NUMBER3.BAM control the yellow and red numbers that comes with encumbrance.
    Post edited by sepotter on
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    In short, I would greatly appreciate it, when a feature such as "larger text" or some other cosmetic feature is added, that the feature be added as an option in the appropriate options screen.

This way one may activate or deactivate cosmetic features according to their own aesthetic preference, rather than have it forced upon them as a mandatory feature.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    That has been noted already. Many people in the 2012 patch thread have made it known they want to be able to turn off the large font.