Skip to content

Save timeout after casting divine magic

Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
not sure if it's feature or bug, but this is what troubles me in the vanilla BG2 engine:

behaviour: after casting a divine spell, you have to wait for the spell animation to end before you can save or quicksave your game (I often save halfway preppings, for a reload point if i err in the choice or timing of spells)
after casting a arcane spell it is possible to save immediately after 'character: spell cast' appears in the dialogue screen

requested behaviour: for saving to be possible immediately after casting a divine spell, just like you're able to do with arcane spells.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I actually never noticed that this only happened with Divine spells. Yes, its an annoyance.
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    It happens for arcane spells too. Whenever someone casts a fog spell you have to sit around forever before you can save.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Technically, I think you can't save during those types of spells because the game seems to consider that you're in combat.

Its a bit different than what Son_of_Imoen is describing for Divine spells.
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Take anti fog spell from BG2, give BG1
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    99.5% of the are projectiles are not saved. Only the tiny percent of traps are saved. All else returns a signal to the core that disables saving. I guess, the cheap alternative would be to remove these projectiles during save. The expensive one would be to alter the area trap structure and include more projectiles in the save.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Apparently lifting this one would require a huge amount of coding (and possible bug introductions, exploits, etc.)... so despite its universal appeal, likely not feasible for the forseeable future... Sorry, @Son_of_Imoen!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Bhryaen said:

Apparently lifting this one would require a huge amount of coding (and possible bug introductions, exploits, etc.)... so despite its universal appeal, likely not feasible for the forseeable future... Sorry, @Son_of_Imoen!

Alas. Nice to hear the request has been looked into apparently though.