Skip to content

Merchant's League Estate - killing all dopplegangers?

IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
Merchant's League Estate in the SW part of BG. I agreed to help Aldeth get rid of the dopplegangers, killed them all, on all 3 floors. Yet his lieutenant keeps on telling me I have not killed all creatures and won't give me the xp. Has anyone experienced this? is there a secret door or something I have missed? I know none of them fled outside otherwise the skeleton warrior I posted there would have spotted them and engaged combat.

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Have cleared the cellar as well? The door to it is to your left when you enter the building.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    I do not see any door to my left when I enter the building. No cellar that I am aware of.
    @Messi: I just realized you are talking about the Seven Suns compound. I was talking about the Merchant's League Estate, a little further to the south-west of 7Suns on the same map.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Ignatius said:

@Messi: I just realized you are talking about the Seven Suns compound. I was talking about the Merchant's League Estate, a little further to the south-west of 7Suns on the same map.

Yea, I was talking about Scar and the Seven Suns. Anyway quick googling found this:

"Aldeth and the Merchant League

If you aided Aldeth Sashenstar at Cloakwood Lodge then he will be waiting outside the Merchant League building. Talk to him. He wants you to investigate the company. Enter AR0127 and talk to Irlentree who will invite you to a celebration on the 3rd floor. Go upstairs to the second floor AR0128. Talk to Aldeth who will direct you to Brandilar. Be honest with Brandilar. Search the locked desk in the E room for three letters. Take them to Brandilar. Zorl will transform into a Doppelganger. Kill him. Go upstairs AR0129. Kill every Doppelganger. Go back to the 1st floor. Kill the Doppelgangers. Return to Brandilar then speak to Aldeth.
    REWARD: 5000 exp, Bastard Sword +1 (+3 vs Shapeshifters), 100gp"

Maybe that helps.
    @Messi: thanks for taking the time. Unfortunately, that is what I did (except I killed the 1st floor dopplegangers before talking to Brandilar..).
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Ignatius

Try this

Enable Debug Mode
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AldethDopple", "GLOBAL"), then Enter

What number does the console return?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited January 2013
    Did you kill all the dopplegangers on all 3 floors?

EDIT: sorry, you've already said you had
    @Erg: have never done this before. This will only fetch the data of how many I killed, right? or will it force-finish the quest? any chance it can mess up my game in any way?
    Ignatius said:

@Erg: have never done this before. This will only fetch the data of how many I killed, right? or will it force-finish the quest? any chance it can mess up my game in any way?

GetGlobal will just check the data. No changes are made.

Eventually if you're really positive that all doppelgangers have been killed, you can force-finish the quest with SetGlobal.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I have several times missed a doppelganger on the top floor in the lower left corner, as he is hiding behind a pillar.
    Also check for frightened (yellow) ones that keep running up and down the stairs when you switch floors (just go down a floor with half your party)
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I've had problems with this quest as well, albeit on BG vanilla. Perhaps it actually has a bug that has been overlooked so far.

I've had problems with this quest as well, albeit on BG vanilla. Perhaps it actually has a bug that has been overlooked so far.

This quest is among the bug fixes of the latest patch (1.0.2012) according to the Change Log.
    Sed said:

I have several times missed a doppelganger on the top floor in the lower left corner, as he is hiding behind a pillar.
    Also check for frightened (yellow) ones that keep running up and down the stairs when you switch floors (just go down a floor with half your party)

I have done all of this, behind every pillar, every corner, up and down of each of the 3 floors, splitting party in groups. Besides a bug, the only option left is that one of the panicked dopples somehow escaped (I really thouight I skinned them all) out in the street. But I had a skeleton warrior waiting and he would have engaged combat - I got no message at all about this. I will try the Debug Mode later on.