Skip to content

[Possible Bug] Long save and load times

RuwuskiRuwuski Member Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
The further i get into the game the longer my save and load times are getting ( up to and above 60sec now )
I have not modded or changed the game in any way.

Any help ? :)

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Same thing happens to me sometimes, although not as badly (more like 20 second load times). I find that sometimes simply closing and then re-opening the program can help, but not reliably.
  • RuwuskiRuwuski Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    doesn't help ...
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Runuski and @TJ_Hooker Do you both have an excessive amount of save games in your folder? When I saw excessive... probably more than 25 save games? I don't know, I cant remember what the threshold was for load/save slowdowns.

I know this was a problem with the BG2/ToB engine that was later fixed by the patch... but that same patch borked some pathfinding. Will keep an eye on this thread as it was a ToB bug originally. Gonna move this to the bugs forum for now.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Cuv nah, I think I have like 5 tops. I'm not too worried though, at worst my load times are roughly on par with the load times from non-Enhanced BG, and most of the time much faster. If I was getting load times over a minute like @Ruwuski though, then I'd be kind of annoyed.
    edited January 2013
    at most i had about 8 saves or so... but i'm at 5 now

it's clearly getting longer and longer as i play more, save and load times were at 2 - 3 sec max at first

( it not stopping me from playing this awesome game, about to get to candlekeep now. But sure would be more fun if the save times were down. the city of BG is a b*tch with long save times )
    it's starting to become 2mins. Any help would be nice, or atleast confirmation that nothing can be done about it at the moment ?