Skip to content

Playing multiple characters as a single player

Is it possible to play a Single player game where I've created more than one character?

I know I can go to Multiplayer and create all 6 (or however many) characters there and play the game through. On the PC version I could start the multiplayer game make a save and then go and move the saved file to the Single player game and play it there. Is there a similiar way to do this on an iPad?...caveat, I need to be able to do this without having access to another PC/Mac with iTunes (I don't game that often anymore and after my laptop died I've just been using my iPad for everything).

If there's not a way to do this currently any ideas if this will be a feature added? I can play through the Multiplayer version but I always seem to encounter more problems with it when compared to the Single player game (my single player game is in Chapter 4 with no crashes at all yet, but my Multiplayer game crashed 3 times and I haven't made it out of Candlekeep).

Comments

• BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    Without using an other PC/Mac, I don't know but I think you can't do it.

Have a look on this thread, which explain how doing it with Ifunbox

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13794/create-a-custom-party

But because of we can not manage files on the iPad, I don't think you can do it without an other device.
  • jForsythejForsythe Member Posts: 1
    Yes you can start a multiplayer game instead of SP create a game and you can make up to 6 characters. And you can go thru the game with your 6 party members you made up as a single player game. I'm doing it now.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I did what you want to do via ifile which is a cydia app for jailbroken devices.

If you want to use your ipad as your only device then I'd definitely look at jailbreaking, it takes all of 30 seconds and makes file manipulation so much easier.

For example, with ifile I just copy/pasted the save and was done.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    @Wowo is right. With a jailbroken device you can just rename the mpsave folder to save and the save games within will then be considered single player.

Though there is a free alternative to iFile called MyFile.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    mars0124 said:

@Wowo is right. With a jailbroken device you can just rename the mpsave folder to save and the save games within will then be considered single player.

Though there is a free alternative to iFile called MyFile.

Oh I'll have to try MyFile, the paid options haven't bothered me so far but less restrictions is always good.