Skip to content

Custom Soundsets still not working?

JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
Anyone know if the new update fixed the custom soundsets yet?

Comments

• Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    No, they haven't. Custom sound sets still play fine in the Character Generation, but during gameplay they fail to play with the exception of the "Action Acknowledged" sound.

So far, the only way to get them working is to manually edit charsnd.2da, or simply replace one of the existing sound sets. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    Me too. I posted on the other forum and it was mentioned that they may be working as intended which is a real bummer
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Working as intended? Are you kidding? Even with 3 different ways I tried (this forum and googling around) I was NEVER able to get custom soundset working... It works on character creation but never worked in game... Even if I edited the 2da...
  • JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
    thanks for the replies, Im glad Im not the only one anticipating a fix. I know they are concentrated on bigger things when releasing the patches but hopefully they resolved this in the future.
  • MeroveusMeroveus Member Posts: 14
    I really hope that the fact that the community has done a fix that works for some of us sufficient enough to not bother fixing this.
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    I just hope this gets sorted out... I actively dislike most of the original voice sets and even the new EE ones are "OK"... my old BG files had hundreds of portraits and well... probably at least 15+ custom voice sets.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    certus said:

Me too. I posted on the other forum and it was mentioned that they may be working as intended which is a real bummer

They're definitely not working as intended. @Nathan is looking into it.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Hey folks, I am indeed looking into it. The functionality was broken by changes we made so we could both add new subtitles to our new soundsets, fix subtitles on some of the old ones and in the process make it even easier for modders to add in new soundsets with accompanying subtitles.

Unfortunately this was collateral damage. Everything works fine if you're a modder and are willing to do some editing, but obviously that's not great for those who would like an easier solution/to be able to dump in a soundset and have it work. I think I have a solution that will work for this, but I'll keep you posted - the current plan is to squeeze it in to the next build.
    Nathan said:

Hey folks, I am indeed looking into it. The functionality was broken by changes we made so we could both add new subtitles to our new soundsets, fix subtitles on some of the old ones and in the process make it even easier for modders to add in new soundsets with accompanying subtitles.

Unfortunately this was collateral damage. Everything works fine if you're a modder and are willing to do some editing, but obviously that's not great for those who would like an easier solution/to be able to dump in a soundset and have it work. I think I have a solution that will work for this, but I'll keep you posted - the current plan is to squeeze it in to the next build.

Thanks Nathan for the response and happy to know that your looking into it. Looking forward to the fix.
    Custom Soundsets still not working despite the new update saying they are "fixed"
  • LaucilosLaucilos Member Posts: 2
    Try renaming files to "Custom#X", where # is a number between 0~9, and X is an alphabet letter.