Skip to content

Day to Night video bug

CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have been playing multiplayer with a friend, and when we were in Baldur's Gate city we got the day to night sequence from the original BG, however it looks like there is no video so instead the game just auto-paused and unpaused repeatedly

Comments

• CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
    Forgot to mention this seems to be the same issue from before the inn and dungeon rest movies were introduced. The game can't recover from it and requires a shut down.

If someone knows the video file name of those videos could you please post it for a temporary fix?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Crynus - have you updated your game recently? This was supposed to have been fixed in the latest update (version 2012, that you'll see on the top right of the game screen where you pick between the tutorial, black pits and BG)
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Also areas get cached in the save game. You may need to load a save from before you visited those areas to see the changes.
    Yes I am updated to 2012, also we had never entered the city until now as we were unable to play multiplayer until the recent patch
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I encountered this problem in High Hedge, Carnival, Temple, and other near-city Areas. If there is sunrise or sunset the multiplayer game freezes because of the missing movies. I already posted a thread on this issue: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10033/bgee-multiplayer-game-freezed-in-pause-mode-before-fais-gate-and-at-the-temple#latest
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Crynus said:

Forgot to mention this seems to be the same issue from before the inn and dungeon rest movies were introduced. The game can't recover from it and requires a shut down.

If someone knows the video file name of those videos could you please post it for a temporary fix?

daynite and niteday
    Is there a different video when in the city?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Cerevant said:

Is there a different video when in the city?

No, i don't think so. But i think this bug will be fixed in r2013. Until that, copy the rest.wbm to daynite.wbm and niteday.wbm.
    Thanks a lot Avenger_teambg
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    In my multiplayer game, when it switches from day to night or vice versa, it says "paused for watching movie" but no movie ever appears and we cannot continue.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    I play single player and never saw any movies for sun rise & set.I have the latest version as well.
    We had this bug again, very annoying in multiplayer games.
    Also check this please: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10033/bgee-multiplayer-game-freezed-in-pause-mode-before-fais-gate-and-at-the-temple#latest
    Thanks.
    And please remove this advertisement again form your Main Page:
    "
    New Cinematics

All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones."

Thanks.
    @Sese79 - There is no point in bumping threads to remind us of bugs that we have acknowledged, and that we haven't claimed to have fixed. This is especially pointless when we haven't even release a patch since your last complaint.
    I only bumped this for two reasons:
    Nothing happened since 3 months.
    Despite of this the infamous advertisement got back to the Main Page. It was removed once before after our complaints.
    But, OK, sorry then.