Skip to content

Atari advertising Android release on Facebook (but don't get excited)

diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
edited January 2013 in Android (Archive)
From their Facebook page:

Don't get excited though, it's not turning up in Play Store. I just think that the marketing team at Atari aren't quite in the loop.

Comments

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    I'd wager that we would hear from Overhaul long before Atari would push an info...
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Yeah, they've now updated the facebook post to state that Android is "coming soon."
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    What the frik.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Atari was never very smart. We've known this since they passed up on releasing the Nintendo in the 80's. How'd that work out for them?
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Trent Oster (@TrentOster) tweeted at 10:21 AM on Fri, Jan 18, 2013:
    @ayoldguy1 The #BGEE #Android build is going to be the end of the month at the earliest. We are rebuilding the file access to work with .APK
    (
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    etotheo said:

Trent Oster (@TrentOster) tweeted at 10:21 AM on Fri, Jan 18, 2013:
    @ayoldguy1 The #BGEE #Android build is going to be the end of the month at the earliest. We are rebuilding the file access to work with .APK
    (

Hahaha, I'm on a "reading old android comments spree" and I'm having a great time here down in the basement.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    Aron740 said:

Hahaha, I'm on a "reading old android comments spree" and I'm having a great time here down in the basement.

i keep seeing topics pop up to most recent discussed that make me excited saying it will be any day or end of month then look a date and its 11months ago
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    To be fair, the tweet was completely factual. "At the earliest" =D
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Its Groundhog day... Don't forget to wrap up as its cold out there...

Anyone else having a bit of deja vu?

Same rubbish from beamdog different year...

Its not a joke anymore.
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    You know... If the groundhog is scared by its shadow that's six more weeks without BGEE for Android.