Skip to content

Windows XP Beamdog and Launcher and Installer crashes right before finishing the install [solved]

Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hi,
We could play the game on 06.01.2013, but today the XP machine can't run or install the game. My Win7 could update and run it, but the XP not. It doesn't work neither with the BaemdogClient nor the Launcher. I could run the game from the game folder, but then i couldn't update the game. Because of this i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it again. But it just tries to install himself but right before the end it crashes.

I checked the Information Panel for Applications on Windows, and it says the problem is with "mscorwks.dll" . This is categorized under .NET Runtime 2.0 Error. Could you please help us, we could play this game until two weeks. Thanks.
Post edited by Sese79 on

Comments

• Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    edited January 2013
    The Folder named Data remain empty. It crashes during the installation. The stand alone exe worked, but i had to uninstall it. Is says it is a .NET Runtime 2.0 error with the file mscorwks.dll
    It worked two weeks ago.
    Post edited by Sese79 on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Follow the steps for Windows XP on this page: http://www.beamdog.com/support/766

In particular, you may want to reinstall .NET 3.5. The launcher requires .NET to be working properly in order to run, so if the installation for .NET 3.5 has been corrupted somehow that would cause problems.
    I installed 3.5 SP1 but it still has problem with 2.0
    Should I remove the .Net Runtime 2.0? Does the 3.5 SP1 actually replacing the 2.0 and 3.0, is it stand alone? Thanks.
    I tried but i couldn't remove 2.0 it says other programs are working with it. I try to repair the 2.0 now then.
    I had to use the .NET cleaner tool, but now i can't install the 3.5. What is wrong here.
    Ok, it works now! Thank you Aosaw :)
    I had to clean all my .NET versions from the XP and then only install 3.5